Good News, Everyone! Contact Recovery

Good News, Everyone!

T-Mobile has posted instructions on how to download your contacts and restore them to your Sidekick. Basically you log in to your account at my.t-mobile.com and a new link will appear on the front page, “Restore your contacts”

mytmofrontpage

Once you click on the link to Restore your contacts, it’s a 2 step process to fully restore contacts. Download the contacts to your computer, and then upload the downloaded file to your Desktop Interface. It will probably take a few minutes for them to appear on your device after this.

This is only the first phase of recovery, as T-Mobile, Danger and Microsoft have stated that the remaining PIM data (Calendar, Notes and ToDo’s) as well as Photos saved to the backend and not your SD card will be returning shortly. Perhaps through a similar method.

Let us know in the comments how the recovery goes and if you were in the group that lost all their contacts, or some of them. We’re curious to know!

95 Responses to “Good News, Everyone! Contact Recovery”

1. ABERCROMBIEDUDE913 Says:

Good Ta Hear.! =D

2. ABERCROMBIEDUDE913 Says:

That’s Good To Hear.! =D

3. Ama Says:

I’m soooooo HAPPY! Even though I switched to G1, they said I can still get my contacts back =)

Today is a GREAT day!!! Wooo!

4. samantha juavon Says:

And what about those ppl that dnt have desktop/internet availability?

5. im still want 2 sue Says:

It only works on a pc im on my damn lx now an still nothing an im not by a pc… by the way wood like 2 give thanks 2 all the staff @ hiptop3.com wit out yu I wood do jail time cus I want vent online lol…. respect…an one love..

6. im still want 2 sue Says:

Opps my bad I ment I would not be able 2 vent yu no what I mean..

Male
    Sk1,2,3,08 lx an 2009 an what’s next don’t no humm will I stay who noes would I sue them yes they fukced up

7. meme Says:

you have to store( did i use the correct word?) them on your mac/pc before you can import the contacts back into your LX. I got mine…but some of my contacts’s numbers are missing. Luckily, it was only a few people I haven’t spoke to in a long time (besides my girlfirned’s sister) so it’s not such a bad thing.

8. im still want 2 sue Says:

Lookin 4 nu ladys 2 chat wit an nu friends send vcard 2 rude107@yahoo.com

9. Someone Says:

samantha juavon on October 20, 2009 at 6:10 am said:

And what about those ppl that dnt have desktop/internet availability?

There’s always a school computer, or library. I’m sure a friend/relative will have a computer. You also might be able to visit a TMobile store and use their computers.

10. Grae Himself Says:

So did any one else not get all there contacts back, most of all my people are back but if you I had multi numbers of emails for them that didn’t all come back. Why is it so hard for Microsoft to do anything right the first time ( windows vista)?

11. recognizedakick Says:

I GOT MY CONTACTS BACK!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!! i AM A HAPPY CAMPER!! =D Just wish they all wudve comeback…still missing quite a few, but hey!!!!!!!!!! My address book now reads 182 instead of 50!! YAY ME!!!!

12. Grae Himself Says:

recognizedakick on October 20, 2009 at 7:22 am said:

you shouldnt be that happy at a half-*** job. They should not say here are your contacts if its not all of them. plus what about are data all that’s not back yeah. This seems to be mircosofts thing to put out a product that is not really ready and just ad to it all together along the way. If it took them two and a half weeks to get this piss poor incomplete list of contacts back to some of us. imagine how long its going to take to get all of out data back. I mean I have to assume the people who are downloading the contacts to begin with are the people who were they thought the data was lost for good. otherwise it would have come back to our phones just like all the other people whom already had the contacts back a week ago. IE: we would be the the $100 gift card people which is sub par compensation for whats going on. If this the way its going to be run from here on out then its time to say good bye to the sidekick.

13. spicaly Says:

most of mine are back, probably 10 or so it just shows their name and not a phone number, so not completly perfect

14. bubba Says:

yeah, some contacts have the name only no other info.

15. snuzzle Says:

Yup, half-assed job. I had over 50 contacts, now I have only 29. And like Grae HImself said, not all the information is there in each contact. Some lost multi-emails, some lost multi-phone, and it looks like most )if not all) lost address. So, do we lose out on the $100 since the “recovered our data”? If so, that’s ****.

16. snuzzle Says:

Oh and I have to go through and reassign any picture IDs I had to each contact, too.

17. Anonymous Says:

snuzzle on October 20, 2009 at 8:31 am said:

I’d expect those to come back soon.

18. jay Says:

Yeah I lost alot of contacts as well or some are just blank! I had over 140 contacts now I only have 72!!

19. Alessandra Says:

I’m happy now since I have 136 contacts back, I probably had alittle more but I’m not worried about that since the rest seemed to be doubles of some contacts that I thought weren’t there. The way I look at this is that these were all my contacts that I got from building my addressbook from the first few months of owning a Sidekick back in 2005. 1 wasn’t there but that’s okay I have that contact re-added to my addressbook, atleast it’s some progress being made! :) I can’t wait for the rest to come back, if it does. Either way I’m happy that I’m looking at my addressbook that’s back with restored contacts with their numbers and e-mail addresses and not just 5 contacts which were MyFaves contacts, surprisingly, only 2 of them were doubles and I cleared that out so it’s good, now I can’t wait to get my notes back, I could care less about the bookmarks on my end. :) Also they should give us the option to label our contacts as Mobile, work etc. It’s no fun if you can’t still do it.

20. ex-slidekick user (sk09) Says:

FAIL! I have some numbers back but a **** load are just empty names!
    And numbers that I had back, are now gone again!

21. ncmacasl Says:

NOPE! see screenshot here: http://twitgoo.com/4fdl2

22. CA5H Says:

ncmacasl on October 20, 2009 at 9:36 am said:

NOPE! see screenshot here: http://twitgoo.com/4fdl2

same sh*t happened 2 me! wth man?

23. sam Says:

I am glad to Microsoft/Danger becasue contact recovery is worked YAYA

24. eunice Says:

Okay, well I got some of my contacts. I had 149 contacts on my phone I think. And now I have 133 contacts and yes about 5 people didn’t have a number so I had to email and call other people that knew them in order to get their number. This sucks I still have to do all this extra stuff just to get my stuff in order! I’m still missing some contacts but I have no idea who. I guess Tmobile recovered most of their data and not all of it.

25. Nyce Says:

It tells me my contacts cannot be restored at this time and its more like 700 that I have lost so I will really have a huge problem if this doesnt get fixed overall

26. Ed Itorial Says:

This appears to be a big lie. Microsoft has NOT ” recovered most, if not all, customer data for those Sidekick customers whose data was affected by the recent outage”. The recovery process is only for PHONE NUMBERS for SOME USERS according to their OWN NOTES. Here is what it says:

“5. Your contacts should now populate on this screen which means they have been downloaded to your Sidekick.
    Note: This will only include phone numbers at this time.”

ALSO says:

“What about my to-do lists, calendar entries, notes, and pictures?
    Microsoft/Danger continues its efforts to recover pictures, calendar entries and to-do lists, which may be available in the future.”.

AND SAYS:
    Why did I get an error message when I attempted the download?
    Microsoft/Danger is still in the process of recovering some customers’ data. We ask that you continue to check back on My T-Mobile as we expect that they will continue to recover more customer data. If it is determined your contacts cannot be recovered, you will be notified by October 29 along with the $100 Customer Appreciation Card. Once again, we sincerely appreciate your patience.”

Link at: forums.t-mobile.com/tmbl/board/message?board.id= Sidekick2&message.id=24701#M24701

27. Skidmark Steve Says:

5-by-5 here

28. Sir Spreadsheet Says:

Got my contacts back but all the special characters are ?? — for example André became Andr??. Pretty sad.

Worse, I don’t have my notes, I don’t have my calendar, and I don’t have my AutoText entries, of which I had several hundred.

29. Sir Spreadsheet Says:

Oh, I also haven’t gotten a single one of my bought-and-paid-for ringtones and applications, of course.

30. SK09Oregon Says:

DOWNLOAD CATALOG?
    I have no apps, no communitys and no way to get them. Is everyone else like this? And NO I had 600+ contacts, it only gave me 46 back. **** u tmobile.
    I pay you.

31. oiiCUNT Says:

I live in aus right, and my internet was ****** upp, so I went to the Telstra store and they tried to fix it, but they erased my entire memory card. Photos, contacts, notes, callendar dates, everything :( but then the next day it all magically came back, its been a rouph week :) haha, telstra is severly fucked up if they wanna seriously stop selling one of thebest selling teenage phones, the hiptop slide. And im on mine noww :)

32. RandolphStreet Says:

YES it worked!!! i even did it at work :) no need to plug your phone in
    just download the file
    and go to the desktop manager and inport the file
    and BAM there on my kick
    some were missing but i didnt care about them any way!!!
    HOLLA!

33. serpentor Says:

Half of my contacts are missing numbers/emails

34. derald Says:

didnt work for me. It starts downloading and then says i have a connection problem but my connection is fine. can anyone help?

35. smack Says:

mine does the same thing. i think it may mean they havent gotten ur data yet.

36. derald Says:

Well they need to quit playin around I needs my contacts!!

37. Anonymous Says:

All that has been restored are contacts. Apps, Ringtones, Notes, To-do’s, and others will be sent out when possible.. So please stop complaining that you got your contacts back, and not anything else. If you would read the article completely, maybe you would know this.

Monthly-charged applications could probably get credited, however, I lost everything on my phone; except for my applications.

38. rey Says:

Only thing that’s bugging me right now is that I was able to only do this once.
    But since I did mine around 3pm I’ve been trying to do my girls restoration but the page is not loading up.
    The site is down.

39. Dan the man Says:

I try but the link doesnt work once I click Restore my contacts on my tmobile… I have connection because im typing, but I get a “problem loading page” on the my t-mo…

40. Corrine Says:

It was awesome that I could get my contacts back but im still missing stuff!
    I was one of the very unlucky thaat lost absolutely everything:(

41. cheyenne Says:

Dan the man on October 20, 2009 at 7:33 pm said:

same thing is happening to me..what should i do?

42. mad Says:

i still get an error message this phone is a paperweight after all these years and 100 dollars will not be enough for me to keep this piece of ****

43. myspace.com/fruityskate Says:

Wtf. I can’t get on a computer. Thanks a lot tmobile.

44. Setnakt Says:

I haven’t tried it yet, but like someone said, if you had “special characters” don’t expect them to show. I knew this already because now that sync is back I’ve got all my (new, made post the outage) to-do list back upon a hard resit, but all the special characters are changed to “?”. Not just unusial characters like stars and the like, even normal “special” characters that the device itself not only is supposed to support but are on the “insert character” list (like the “¥” currency symbol. Oddly enough if placed in the notes these all DO reappear properly. So wtf?!? You can tell it’s a microsoft server if it’s this sad and pathatic.

45. dan Says:

sucks if you got a new phone, wont let you even try says not a valid sidekick plan, make sure your usuing the right #

46. Taylor Says:

God, I feel bad for the people who have clients or stuff that has to do with their work on the Sidekick.

47. Kara Harkins Says:

I had lost all of my contacts before as well as pretty much everything else on my phone. They recovered most of my information except for putting all my settings at the default and severely messing up my email — I have nothing to my alternate accounts and am not even sure how much I lost on my tmail account.

It looks like the contacts count is right, but the data itself is bad. While some of them look like they may be right at first glance you quickly notice the following:

no physical addresses in the ones I looked at
    no IM listings for the ones I looked at
    some contacts with just a name (huh? why would I even add the record in the 1st place)
    I am sure I will discover oddities as I go along

T-Mobile has pretty much refused to work with me when I called them, offering me close to the store price on a new phone/plan. They also raised my overage (by more than double!) with this bill and no warning (their explanation: ‘well, sometimes rate plans change, we are not sure why you were not told’).

Goodbye Sidekick, hello Droid.

48. recognizedakick Says:

Grae Himself on October 20, 2009 at 7:37 am said:

recognizedakick on October 20, 2009 at 7:22 am said:

What the heck are u talking about? I didn’t understand a word of that. Seems like u were just rambling. Yes, Microsoft made mistakes…but im thankful for what I was able to get back. You can’t be 100% better in 1 day. Recovery takes time.

49. Kara Harkins Says:

T-Mobile is way out front in terms of my lost time this month. The $100 (if they actually give it to us) is a pittance just compared to that, even if they do recover all our data in the end.

Does anyone know if $100 will be credited to your account or your phone#? I ask because my bill lists my partner’s number too. She is not as mad at t-mobile as I am (not that she is happy with them) so she is deciding what to do. As long as I am paying the bill with my credit card anyway it would be rubbing salt into the wound again if they told me the credit was only good for the time I was playing with a new Droid anyway. I wonder if they have gift certificates?

50. Junior Says:

is anyone else having problems with their download catalog not loading?!

51. Kara Harkins Says:

Hmm …. it is still polling to download the catalog, but usually the bought stuff displays right away. It is empty. :(

52. Secret Squirrel Says:

I didn’t have phone data loss so on my phone I have over 800 contacts minus the labels and categories which are still missing. However the CVS file I downloaded only had 716 contacts. I’m guessing the from tape backup that was recovered was *VERY* old.

53. Jaydrian Says:

Ever since the data outage, I haven’t been able to select the Cell, Home, etc. selections from my contacts =/

54. ad Says:

good news for me if the sidekick lx 2009 comes to aus this year

55. Secret Squirrel Says:

Upon further investigation my desktop interface has 717 contacts, my download has 716, and my phone still has more than 800. I’m wondering how i force my phone to update the server? And from what I can tell the labels are still somewhere because I only have two categories. All and Unfiled.

56. Christine Randall Says:

I lost all my contacts except 2 after recently uploading over 200. This is a hassle and anyone should be compensated by the company

57. DisKO Says:

Secret Squirrel on October 21, 2009 at 6:37 am said:

See I thought that it was really old too & that would explain the missing contacts but the weird thing is I noticed a couple numbers that I entered the night before service went out arestill there. The ones that I’m missing, were entered a few months or years ago. Then I thought maybe it was only showing the more recent ones, but no, I have some from 2003 still in there. So I can’t figure out any rhyme or reason to which ones it chose to not give back to me…

58. bubba Says:

I spent 2 hours last night “cleaning” the data in that csv file. I know of at least 3 people that I am missing, but what about the people that I can’t remember? In addition I am missing the info. of some contacts where I just have the name.

I need to get this data imported into my new BB

59. Kara Harkins Says:

It seems like the names of contacts without any other information are a common malady. Am I the only one that is only seeing names, phone #s, and email addresses? (no physical address, no websites, no IM usernames, etc)

60. Grae Himself Says:

recognizedakick on October 21, 2009 at 2:54 am said:

Grae Himself on October 20, 2009 at 7:37 am said:

recognizedakick on October 20, 2009 at 7:22 am said:

One day is not 2 weeks!!!!! Hello its people like you that enable company’s like this to get over on everyone else. All I’m saying is we shouldn’t be so overly happy when on the whole Microsoft isn’t handling anything about this well at all.

61. jk Says:

they messed up on a lot of my contacts as well…

great job microsoft! keep up the miserable work!

62. samantha juavon Says:

Ok…so I am purely speaking for myself however feel free 2 comment…..

Since day 1 of the outage I have been on the phone w reps for atleast 1 hr and as long as 2 hrs. And let me reinnerrate “everyday.” At first I just lost web use and IM services. About 5 days later I lost all contact information. On the 6th or 7th day I lost all my pictures on my phone. (I have a 1yr old son,no other camera)…u can imagine how pissed I was and still am. Through out all this I get the run arounds just like all of u….I even went to the extent of calling microsoft and their response ” we are sorry but we do not own danger and do not know what you are talking about.” …… so I continue with tmobile…..it has been 3 weeks with out web,contacts,ringtones,apps and photos….not 2 mention all emails (lets just say they are royally ruining my court proceedings right now because the emails are missing). So not only cause of this outage do I have problems but also previous problems occured such as dropped calls *service request filed- nothing is wrong in my area*, battery issues,phne freezing etcetc…so they send me a exchange, finally all of a sudden web works nuttin else though….next day phne freezes. I call for follow up with problems as well as letting them know phne still freezes….so they think they know everything…troubleshooting completed but now no web again…supervisor comes on phne still does troubleshooting n says he will call me back….offcourse 3 days later still no call back…so I call again….same routine so now they are sending another exchange….let hope for the best….by the way they are still charging me for my apps that I cnt use, so guys please make sure they are not doing it to you…..im done with tmobile! 1mnth data plan credit is not enough when I spend $95 @ mnth n bought the phne out of pocket at $375.

63. recognizedakick Says:

@ Grae Himself

That’s one opinion. And with that said…im STILL happy! =D

64. RogerRabbit Says:

thanks microsoft. I got back half of my 300 contacts, and the about 150 i got back. Half of those were so messed up they are basically not usable. THey come back with only 3 numbers, 4 numbers or no numbers at all with justa name . Great.

65. TONE51 Says:

all i can say is that i got most of my contacts back but its still a bunch of BS And the really effed every 1 over

66. Californian Chris Says:

Goddamn it, why don’t you all just stop crying and switch to the iPhone? I switched to the iPhone during the outage and am loving it! I’ve been a sidekick user since 2004 and I thought I’d miss it. . nope, all the applications on the iPhone are keeping me busy :)

67. recognizedakick Says:

Sell outs never prosper

68. rude107 Says:

oooh yeah an why the fukkc am i doing some thing that they should be doing ? humm i didnt lose this shti!!! they did so im not doin a got damn thing an no im not happy fuckk that!!!!!! now when they get this **** running rite all that ran 2 put the **** on they fone goin 2 have a tone of dubs if not more 2 delete…..an if yu moved 2 another fone whyn yu here dicck ridein us we got hr own problems .. thing on that bill gates you a puszy hole!!!!! t mo need 2 get the $$$$$$ up an buy back danger…bill dont no what he doin an all ways look @ the stock market…an see who is bankin off of hr fukcc ups…

69. rude107 Says:

microhard! cus in the end they fuccked all of us lol…..funny but true

70. Alessandra Says:

DisKO on October 21, 2009 at 8:46 am said:

Secret Squirrel on October 21, 2009 at 6:37 am said:

That’s what I thought too since I had either 174 contacts or 177 but I can’t remember the rest so it’s not a big deal to me, I’m happy with what I see on my addressbook right now. I’m just glad it’s not nearly empty anymore all I need now are my notes and I can wait on that as I have for the contacts being recovered.

71. cely in AZ Says:

I had 400 contacts and only 240 showed up after I did this…WTF! Well its better than no contacts and I also had to go in there and manually discard all these 0’s that were all over the place in my contacts! UGH!

72. Bram Weiser Says:

Hi,

I’ve been getting seemingly-conflicting information.

First, it took until last night (Oct21) before I “finally” got a text message that told me to recover my Contacts. Posts in T-Mobile’s Sidekick Forum implied that the lack (for days, in my case) of such a text message meant that my data wasn’t (at least not yet) retrievable.

So, imagine my pleasant surprise to see that text…however, when I went to my.t-mobile.com to try and retrieve my information, I got — again — the same on-screen message that I’d gotten earlier in the week, too, as follows:

“Sorry—we’re not able to retrieve your contacts at this time. Please continue to check http://www.t-mobile.com/sidekick for the latest updates on our recovery efforts.”

Anyone know why that happened?

Also, as some commenters here and in T-Mobile’s Forum noted, this data appears to be buggy, too, once it DOES get retrieved.

Anyone have insights into that, too?

Thanks,
    Bram

73. meme Says:

Bram Weiser on October 22, 2009 at 7:25 am said:

Hi,

I’ve been getting seemingly-conflicting information.

Anyone know why that happened?

Anyone have insights into that, too?

Thanks,
    Bram

Odds are, all of your data is gone, forever. :(
    The people at customer service will tell you to “just be patient because ‘they’ are working around the clock to do all they can.” That seems to be what they’re telling everyone.

74. mark Says:

It tells me my contacts cannot be restored at this time and i only have 165 this is getting me pissed

75. DisKO Says:

Californian Chris on October 21, 2009 at 7:19 pm said:

BECAUSE why should I pay money out of MY pocket when THEY are the ones that screwed up. I paid THEM for a new phone only a few months ago. THEY need to get their shiz together & give me what I paid for and I will continue to “cry” until they do. I am entitled to as is everyone else. If you have money to throw out then why not give some to the rest of us so we can all buy iphones too?

76. Kara Harkins Says:

I used T-Mobile’s live chat …. upshot of the conco was the CS knew no more than t-mobile.com/sidekick (and sometimes got it wrong) and did not know who would be getting the $100 (or what conditions). Just that we should put our trust in MS to tell us if we get it. She put in a ticket with MS for me saying my contacts were still not fully restored.

77. RUDE107= NYC JAMAICA QUEENS Says:

YOU Rite they owe cus we got 2 put it back hr selfs man funk that bull shtti.. 4 real… I hope apple buy danger from bill that if he sale cus he’s a fucckc up 4 real I dnt care what no one say = AN 4 ALL THEM LAMES OUT THERE ON THAT Y YU CRYING BULL SHITTI MAN FUKC YU.. GO AN PLAY WIT YUR NU PHONE AN GET THE FUKCC OTTA HERE WIT THAT BULL SHTTI!!! 4 real cus that’s all I see is haters talkin bout all yu do is cry … yu ait the one that lost all of the stuff cus a company that yu trick out money 2 on the reg fukcc’s up big time I guest we supose 2 take it like a man an just hope it wil *** back some damn man fukc that im goin 2 CRY= VENT =FLIP= TIP OVER TRASH CANS AN ALL THAT .. OOOH YEAH AN SUE THE HOLY ..SHTTI OUTTA THEM CUS THEY DROP THE BALL PPL NOT US WHAT DID WE DO NOT A DAMN THING SO IF YU JUMPED **** GOOD LUCK WI THAT BUT IN 2010 THEY WILL DROP A NU ONE AN LETS SEE WHAT THEY DO .. I BET YU ON THE LOW THEY AN GO COP ONE JUST 2 *** RITE BACK HERE AN TALK BOUT WHAT IT CAN AN CAN’T DO ….. P.S. SUP 2 ALL HE PPL THAT READ MY ****.. AN 2 MY HATERS THAT THINK IM A LIL CHILD .= I BEEN ON THIS SK 4 SO LONG IN LIFE I MAKE UP MY OWN WORD YU THINK I GIVE 2 SHTTIS WHA YOU BUMS THINK LOL AN I LOVE TYPEIN IN CAPS DO SME THING BOUT IT LOL…….

78. snuzzle Says:

RUDE107= NYC JAMAICA QUEENS on October 22, 2009 at 9:35 am said:

Can I get that in English please?

79. rude107 Says:

use you eyes an read mf

80. samantha juavon Says:

Someone on October 20, 2009 at 7:14 am said:

samantha juavon on October 20, 2009 at 6:10 am said:

And what about those ppl that dnt have desktop/internet availability?

U can’t download and upload @ a library and not every1 is in skool…..tried to go 2 a store n their response they dnt do that and they are not reliable.

81. RUDE107= NYC JAMAICA QUEENS Says:

In its response to the Windows 7 launch, Apple suggests that there’s one simple reason you shouldn’t buy the new operating system: (((((Microsoft))))) is not to be trusted.

Hum I wonder were in the fukccing world did they get that shtttti… humm let me think…..

82. Angel Says:

i just did it, it works!
    yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!
    i was about to have a mental breakdown..

83. snow Says:

I just did and got contacts back!! yay! but my notes isnt back. I wonder if notes will come back too? i see only 3 in notes But I had alot saved for long time. I need those back! Hopefully will come back …..

84. eunice Says:

Alessandra on October 21, 2009 at 8:34 pm said:

DisKO on October 21, 2009 at 8:46 am said:

Secret Squirrel on October 21, 2009 at 6:37 am said:

Same here! I input a few people about a month b4 the outage. And there were some contacts that I input back in 2004. How odd. I called custumer service to let them know that I was missing some contacts and they informed me that those were probabley lost forever. We should be able to get some sort of compensation for our lost.

85. Goldo Says:

Hey I live in Puerto Rico and mytmobile comes up in spanish & there no option to restore my contacts, help anyone.. Please? Email me or something.. Goldo_the_goony@tmail.com

86. derald Says:

Contacts finally came back. I had almost 400 and only a few are missing. But I still want 100 bux because free month of data for not having contacts for 2 weeks isn’t fair.

87. David Says:

This is why you save you contacts to your sim card!

88. Alessandra Says:

David on October 26, 2009 at 6:25 pm said:

This is why you save you contacts to your sim card!

Yes but the SIM card doesn’t hold over 1,000 doesn’t it? No and not everyone has the patience to be moving contacts over to the SIM card.

89. samantha juavon Says:

Ok…so I am purely speaking for myself however feel free 2 comment…..

Update: ….3exchange phnes n still having problems….2nd exchange had web browsing but it would not let me view…after loading n all it just gave me a blank screen….3rd exchange phne….email tabs scrambled all into 1. Phne powers on n off on its own. When it does shut off it erases my call history, web bookmarks,txt msg and yahoo IM log in info. … contacts: oooo got 10 bck out 148. 6 have no numbers just names but guess what else….I have someone elses

90. samantha juavon Says:

So tmobile resolution….send me a new phne model at no charge…..sony ericsson tm506….lets hope this wrks out now……

91. Michael Says:

I got most of them back. Still need fixing. I would do it myself. But I can’t edit any of the number I received back through the recovery. So right now that’s my only problem editing and receiving the rest of the contacts that I didn’t get yet.

92. Marie Says:

is anyone else having issues trying to download the contacts with a mac ? i know microsoft took over danger but jeeeez , that’d be bull****. and in response to samantha juavon , your issue was your battery (more specifically, water damage to it). when you get replacement phones , you only get a handset. i had the same issues and tmobile figured it out in about 5 minutes so im surprised they didn’t when all your handsets had issues plus the turning on and off etc .. i see they sent you a new device all together . probably easier than trying to order a battery through them (trust me, i have the 08 and they discontinued the battery – ps after a year !!! >=O – had to order it directly from sharp . on the upside, the second i put in the new battery *POOF* totally back to normal ! ( minus my contacts =/ )

93. Setnakt Says:

I guess I’m a bit late to do this, been on vacation and didn’t want to deal with the BS. But did the restore contacts thing today. I seem to have had the best results of anyone here so far(!). From what I can see I got ALL my contacts back (just over 200) ALL of the details are back also! IM contacts, notes, email addys and urls, not just phone #’s but all of them also, includeing thise that had mutiple #’s! Got the OTA last week so maybe that’s why(?). Or at least maybe that explains why I ALSO got ALL my old 49 Notes (as in the Notes application) back, and To Do list items AND my Calander entrys!! Seems even after the OTA and this the system still only supports back-end support of non-special characters, except in the Notes application weirdly. Haven’t got bookmarks back yet but this was unexpected! I had quite a number of things I REALLY needed back from my Notes so this rocks! Also although all the catagorys and lablels in my Address Book were wiped back to “unassigned” with the outage and remain so all my restored contacts still have their previous labels/catagorys! So I just need to put them back on the menu. Only thing missing is some of the assigned picture IDs, but that’s no biggie. Now if they would only get the Catalog back! Anyone else get back To Do, Notes, &/or Calander items also??

94. diSKo Says:

Setnakt,
    That’s very interesting to hear. I guess your patience paid off. I wonder if the rest of us tried to restore contacts again we’d have as much luck as you. I am going to call customer service later & see if they can help me get my notes back too…

95. Nate Says:

So my sidekick lx reset twice the other day for no reason….. THEN I notice there were changes in my contacts list. Keep in mind I was one of the lucky few who weren’t affected by the disappearing contact lists. So I go into my list, and NOW contacts are missing, numbers are missing from some contacts, and I can’t label any of the numbers! I also can’t change any of my speed dial numbers which kind of ticks me off seeing as how two of them were numbers that are now missing thanks to some kind of phantom update.

T-Mobiles customer service has always sucked, and now its even worse. Why mess with my contacts if it wasn’t affected during the blackout? YOU DUMMIES! Sorry for the name calling but you have upset me.

Subscribe to our RSS feed or Twitter for up to the minute news, or subscribe to our daily email feed to get Hiptop3.com in your inbox!

Get Hiptop3.com in your email: