There are a number of tweets on Twitter over the past few months that specify the client as “Danger” and have a mysterious hashtag of #tmdp or #tmd. The posts started showing up with the #tmd tag but later change to the #tmdp tag.
Many of the tweets have “from Danger” listed as the client, which Twitter links to Microsoft. Usually tweets sent from the Sidekick say “from Sidekick” so this seems to indicate that this could be a new Twitter client from Danger. Whether this Twitter client means a new device, new operating system, the continuation of Project Pink, etc is anyone’s guess at this point.
Here’s some of the interesting tweets:
@JohnMatherly: Thanks to Roz for a #tmdp breakfast in Palo Alto
11:56 AM Dec 7th, 2009 from Danger
@JohnMatherly: We’re counting on ProdUS to be #tmdp
4:52 PM Jan 19th from Danger
@darylw: #tmdp Welcome new team members….we are excited to have you join us.
1:38 PM Dec 16th, 2009 from Danger.
@darylw: #tmdp wish i saw more posts from team members on twitter.com that says posted “n hours ago from Danger”
11:55 PM Nov 18th, 2009 from web
@pbernard: i think twitterfall is working #tmdp
4:22 PM Nov 4th, 2009 from DestroyTwitter
@pbernard: digging xbox twitter #tmd
8:44 PM Sep 24th, 2009 from Xbox LIVE
@pbernard: and we have PINK DONUTS for strat review #tmd
7:41 AM Sep 15th, 2009 from DestroyTwitter
@pbernard: #tmd ta-da.
1:42 PM Aug 27th, 2009 from DestroyTwitter
@terminal4: wow. it’s like stuff is kinda workin #tmdp
10:04 PM Dec 9th, 2009 from Danger.
@JRayZor: This is harder to use than binary mode ftp #tmd
12:08 AM Sep 4th, 2009 from web
@cpicoto: 2311 CD INT – Palo Alto, CA
11:46 AM Nov 11th, 2009 from Danger
@danblack: the #tmdp can fix itself sometimes.
11:37 AM Nov 20th, 2009 from Danger
@danblack: The #tmd is tasty today
3:44 PM Oct 15th, 2009 from Danger
@XuNami: Fun bug bash today. I’m so glad it came together đź™‚ #tmdp
7:45 PM Jan 8th from Danger.
Chris Pirich is one of those tweeting with the #tmdp hashtag and a “from Danger” client. Chris is the head of engineering for Pink.
Other Microsoft people in on the Twitter fun include:
- Pete Bernard: “involved in a number of initiatives regarding mobile and embedded devices.”
- Daryl Welsh: Director of Test – Premium Mobile Experiences at Microsoft
- Andrew Clinick: Group Program Manager at Microsoft
- Carlos Picoto: Director of Program Management at Microsoft
- Dan Black: is/was the Lead Developer Relation Manager for Xbox
- Namrata Bachwani: Release Manager at Microsoft
- Chris Sorensen: Senior Manager, Community and Social Media at Microsoft
– It seems like a lot of XBox people are now part of the mobile experience team. This may be the one thing that bodes well for Pink.
– #TMD is happening at Microsoft Studio G in Redmond.
– There are a lot of references to 4 digit numbers in #tmdp tweets. Could these be build numbers for an OS or firmware?
– @DarylW made a #tmd list
What do you guys think? What could TMDP stand for? Have you found any interesting tweets with this hash tag?