Microsoft Lays Off Danger Employees

We’re hearing lots of rumors left and right about some lay-offs of Danger employees by Microsoft (who purchased Danger). There is a lot of hearsay and speculation about what this means. While Microsoft did announce a general across-the-board series of layoffs, we can’t help but wonder how much harder the Danger group was hit for a variety of possible reasons. There’s been rumors of Danger employees being moved to the secretive “Pink” project that Microsoft is working on. (Supposedly the Pink project is very similar to Danger’s back-end service) The Sidekick LX 2009 is days from launch and so a lot of employees that were needed for that might have been let go. Or they could have just pulled names out of a hat, who knows. Lay-offs are never an easy thing.

It doesn’t look like it was the entire Danger team, but definitely sounds like more than one or two. We’ve gathered up some posts to Twitter about the lay-offs. The below are either a) from a Danger employee, b) from a previous Danger employee, or c) directed at a Danger employee.

@ceejbot: Oh look, muscled goons walking around the building: layoffs today.

@ceejbot: My officemates all just got laid off. It doesn’t make any sense.

@ian: WTF? Microsoft is laying off awesome people from Danger.

@Perigosa: @jag Ugh. I am so sorry (for everyone else too).

@dangermikeb: Rough day at the office

@ahpook: Condolences to dangersoft peeps affected by layoffs, directly or otherwise.

@dangermikeb: The end of a crappy day at work.

that sucks about the danger layoffs. msft really had no clue what they wanted out of that, i guess. 🙁

@akrasia: Suffocating sadness with a load of cookies.

@tuony: Condolences to Danger peeps who were laid off today. It’s never fun, however you may be considered the lucky ones after all is said and done

To add to this information, there was also an interesting comment conversation posted on an Engadget review of the new Sidekick LX 2009. No idea who “Aenar” is or where he is getting his information from, but he provokes some interesting conversation:

Aenar @ May 6th 2009 12:45PM

Enjoy the last sidekick. MSFT just fired the remaining SK staff with armed guards and only made this thing to avoid a lawsuit with TMobile.
Roz Ho congratukated the staff and then fired the employees for making it. MSFT just wanted the IP for WinMo anyway.
Now you get a seriously debilitated “PINK”device from MSFT as your next “upgrade.” From what I have heard, it’s a joke. No PIM apps and no 3rd party development system. A typical MSFT consumer product. Copy,rush to market and FAIL.
No street cred-get the iPhone

aenar @ May 6th 2009 4:47PM

30-40 people were let go. The UI team, media teams, hardware and some associated PMs with the Sidekick. Shocking since Microsoft is mostly Political Project Managers with chips on their shoulders.
The remainder of the SK team that the PINK team needs to write in CE(not java or NetBSD) was moved to PINK or WINMO months ago. So the people who shut the lights off on the Sidekick were thanked in an email by the Roz “Dragon Woman” Ho and fired promptly. Then, to keep employees from going apeshitzz, they had the stormtroopers from Securitas(with arms this time) walk the halls and maintain control. Sort of like the Stazi.
So,
a) No more sidekicks. The people that made them are fired or working on the mirage of PINK,
b) Microsoft tried to weasel out of Danger’s contract with TMobile but were threatened with lawsuit
c) To make schedule, MSFT had to ship the Sidekick as designed at that point which was NetBSD and Java. VP of PMX was said to have cried at that announcement.

That’s it. No more Sidekicks.
Naming sources? Do you work for the Dragon Lady-why would I call out these sources. So I can get more people fired? The information is 90% public domain from public feeds anyway.

We don’t want to cause anyone to panic, so we’re not going to make any rash assumptions about the future of the Sidekick. Just wanted to toss the information that’s flying around up for you guys. Feel free to speculate in the comments and if you have any hard and fast info, please email admin@hiptop3.com.

138 Responses to “Microsoft Lays Off Danger Employees”

  1. Setnakt Says:

    “No ‘real’ web-browser”….WTF!?!? Could you please define this?? This makes no sence, the SK has REAL internet web-browsing, not WAP and with javascript. Has had it before the iPhone, can view 90% of all REAL (www. not wap.) websites, so how is to not a “real” web-browser? This is disinformation and dishonest IMO

  2. azn Says:

    Vananchez on May 15, 2009 at 5:07 am said:

    Microsoft killed the SK…….no app store..no real web browser….how are they going to go head to dead with google and apple…its a wrap…this is the last SK

    I’s pretty sure Sidekick have a CATALOG that existed before Apple’s “app store”

  3. azn Says:

    Vananchez on May 15, 2009 at 5:07 am said:

    Microsoft killed the SK…….no app store..no real web browser….how are they going to go head to dead with google and apple…its a wrap…this is the last SK

    I’m pretty sure Sidekicks have a CATALOG that existed before Apple’s “app store”

  4. dirtygore Says:

    Setnakt on May 15, 2009 at 11:12 am said:

    “No ‘real’ web-browser”….WTF!?!? Could you please define this?? This makes no sence, the SK has REAL internet web-browsing, not WAP and with javascript. Has had it before the iPhone, can view 90% of all REAL (www. not wap.) websites, so how is to not a “real” web-browser? This is disinformation and dishonest IMO

    but it doesnt have flash so it doesnt show flash on pages. so no it doesnt have a real web browser.

  5. Setnakt Says:

    [ dirtygore said]:

    May 17th, 2009 at 3:58 am [ Quote ]

    { Setnakt on May 15, 2009 at 11:12 am said:

    No real web-browser.WTF!?!? Could you please define this?? This makes no sence, the SK has REAL internet web-browsing, not WAP and with javascript. Has had it before the iPhone, can view 90% of all REAL (www. not wap.) websites, so how is to not a real web-browser? This is disinformation and dishonest IMO}

    but it doesnt have flash so it doesnt show flash on pages. so no it doesnt have a real web browser.

    [Setnakt says now]

    Lol, your a lunitac, NO smart phone has that. So according to your twisted “logic” NO smart phone has a “real” web browser! As if fash was the “real” internet, lol give me a break. Flash is not the defination of “real internet”, so like I said, you lied.

  6. dirtygore Says:

    Setnakt on May 17, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

    [ dirtygore said]:

    May 17th, 2009 at 3:58 am [ Quote ]

    { Setnakt on May 15, 2009 at 11:12 am said:

    No real web-browser.WTF!?!? Could you please define this?? This makes no sence, the SK has REAL internet web-browsing, not WAP and with javascript. Has had it before the iPhone, can view 90% of all REAL (www. not wap.) websites, so how is to not a real web-browser? This is disinformation and dishonest IMO}

    but it doesnt have flash so it doesnt show flash on pages. so no it doesnt have a real web browser.

    [Setnakt says now]

    Lol, your a lunitac, NO smart phone has that. So according to your twisted “logic” NO smart phone has a “real” web browser! As if fash was the “real” internet, lol give me a break. Flash is not the defination of “real internet”, so like I said, you lied.

    samsung, se and nokia have smart phones that have flash. the n95. n96 and n97 have flash for a start. they also have a lot more than what any sk has to offer. i mean the sk just got youtube. it cant even store full movies on it yet and the video player cant record at 30fps or record in hd. i dont think you know what flash is by reading your reply.

  7. azn Says:

    dirtygore on May 18, 2009 at 3:00 am said:

    Setnakt on May 17, 2009 at 9:27 am said:

    [ dirtygore said]:

    May 17th, 2009 at 3:58 am [ Quote ]

    { Setnakt on May 15, 2009 at 11:12 am said:

    No real web-browser.WTF!?!? Could you please define this?? This makes no sence, the SK has REAL internet web-browsing, not WAP and with javascript. Has had it before the iPhone, can view 90% of all REAL (www. not wap.) websites, so how is to not a real web-browser? This is disinformation and dishonest IMO}

    but it doesnt have flash so it doesnt show flash on pages. so no it doesnt have a real web browser.

    [Setnakt says now]

    Lol, your a lunitac, NO smart phone has that. So according to your twisted “logic” NO smart phone has a “real” web browser! As if fash was the “real” internet, lol give me a break. Flash is not the defination of “real internet”, so like I said, you lied.

    samsung, se and nokia have smart phones that have flash. the n95. n96 and n97 have flash for a start. they also have a lot more than what any sk has to offer. i mean the sk just got youtube. it cant even store full movies on it yet and the video player cant record at 30fps or record in hd. i dont think you know what flash is by reading your reply.

    Flash from a camera?

  8. Setnakt Says:

    To “dirtyfore” (from last comment): no, it means I never heard of those obscure phones, I know what (internet) flash is (not the camera flash azn). I’m guessing those are Verizon phones since they got all that multi-media ****. Still it doesn’t change the fact Sidekicks DO have REAL internet, which is defined as viewing HTML/www (not WAP) web-pages and runing javascript which is what most internet sites require, most do not require flash. If most web-sites start requireing flash then flash will define “real” internet, not untell. So I was wrong about no phones haveing flash but you were equally wrong about what defines “real” internet. Your just bitching about a internet feature you wish it had, doesn’t mean it’s not “real” internet. What’s next, no Real Time Player means not “real” internet also?!? Come on! This is all like saying if a car doesn’t have fuel injection it’s not a “real” car, give me a break! Everyone is always drooling over the iPhone and everyone says it has “real” internet, does it run flash? Then you go on about the video player which has nothing to do with internet, seems to me your just here to down Sidekicks. Why don’t you just get one of those flash phones and leave Sidekick forums alone. I make no secret I hate iPhone, but you won’t see me on iPhone forums trolling around bitching how iPhone sucks.

  9. dirtygore Says:

    Setnakt on May 18, 2009 at 10:46 am said:

    To “dirtyfore” (from last comment): no, it means I never heard of those obscure phones, I know what (internet) flash is (not the camera flash azn). I’m guessing those are Verizon phones since they got all that multi-media ****. Still it doesn’t change the fact Sidekicks DO have REAL internet, which is defined as viewing HTML/www (not WAP) web-pages and runing javascript which is what most internet sites require, most do not require flash. If most web-sites start requireing flash then flash will define “real” internet, not untell. So I was wrong about no phones haveing flash but you were equally wrong about what defines “real” internet. Your just bitching about a internet feature you wish it had, doesn’t mean it’s not “real” internet. What’s next, no Real Time Player means not “real” internet also?!? Come on! This is all like saying if a car doesn’t have fuel injection it’s not a “real” car, give me a break! Everyone is always drooling over the iPhone and everyone says it has “real” internet, does it run flash? Then you go on about the video player which has nothing to do with internet, seems to me your just here to down Sidekicks. Why don’t you just get one of those flash phones and leave Sidekick forums alone. I make no secret I hate iPhone, but you won’t see me on iPhone forums trolling around bitching how iPhone sucks.

    are you serious. you have never heard of samsung, nokia or sony ericsson phones. there the 3 leading phone makers in the world. the n96 and n97 are the most advanced phones on the market at the moment. at the end of the day the sk is a **** phone. im sorry if you know nothing about phones. i mean come on. the sk has only just got a 3.5mp camera and be able to play youtube. the sk needs more than just a screen that flips and a qwerty keyboard. other phones have a qwerty keyboard thats just as good and there also touchscreen. i suggest you look up some phones from those companys and you will see what im talking about.

  10. Setnakt Says:

    Hey Dirtygore, I said those PARTICULAR phones you mentioned you JACKASS`not all samsung nokia etc phones, although only a complete idiot gimp ***** sucker would buy anything from the scam artest, everthing designed to break as fast as possiable hucksters at Sony. I tried to be polite with you but I see now that’s impossiable you asscllown, go **** your mamma punk. Oh and by the way onlly little *****-boys want touchscreen TOYS you chump troll

  11. Tina Turner Says:

    More employees leaving Danger/MSFT. Major engineering people too. Last Sidekick

  12. Mike Says:

    That’s what those LAZY idiots get.They wernt dedicated like you SK lovers to this phone.

    If you guys and gals only knew.

  13. Mike Says:

    Setnakt on May 12, 2009 at 11:14 am said:

    Quote Author: dirtygore
    Comment:
    “the mods at poweredby danger are a bunch of idiots. as soon as you say 1 thing bad about any sidekick they ban you. the poweredbydanger site is just to pro sidekick.”

    [Setnakt says] That’s not totally accurate. As I see it “Powered by Danger” forum is Appletec’s fan-club/”temple” for having his *** kissed, etc. It’s got little to do with Sidekicks, just Appletec. All they ever do over there is deny anything about new kicks, slam anything from this site (which I’ve found to be at least 90% accurate) which they say it’s “hardly ever accurate” (this site) a blatant lie to promote their own site and hide news and such here. They are a disinformation site for elitist snobs. I posted in DEFENSE of a Sidekick app (“Theme Arc,”) to some idiot who said basicly you can do all that on a computer. I said in this ecomony not everyone has both a computer and a Sidekick, this app is needed and useful for a lot of people. So Appleasstec came in and moderated ME, said I was “discourteous” (his, no real reason needed catch-all to ban/moderate people over anything or nothing if he gets a bug up his stupid ***). He told me on my personal messages there that “everyone has a Sidekick and computer, get with the program”. I replied that I was “supporting a Danger product, not PC’s or Apple’s, what’s the forum for, don’t you know who you work for?!?” well of course, you can’t question “god” (appledumbass) so he banned me and posted some “reply” to what I said TO MY BANNED ACCOUNT where nether I nor no one else could read it since I was banned! What an idiot! “Powered by Danger” = forum for Appletec’s little gimps, no thanks, no sale here, no freedom, justice, or even news there. Nothing to see worth the power trip games of the punk nerd in charge. If Microsoft is REALLY laying off Danger people, he needs to be at the top of that list! His agenda is himself first, last, and always, Danger and Sidekicks never unless it can be used to promote his ego.

    Comletely agree with you.If you only could read MOST people get banned for.Boycott poweredbydanger.com for obvious reasons.

  14. dirtygore Says:

    Setnakt on May 19, 2009 at 8:27 am said:

    Hey Dirtygore, I said those PARTICULAR phones you mentioned you JACKASS`not all samsung nokia etc phones, although only a complete idiot gimp ***** sucker would buy anything from the scam artest, everthing designed to break as fast as possiable hucksters at Sony. I tried to be polite with you but I see now that’s impossiable you asscllown, go **** your mamma punk. Oh and by the way onlly little *****-boys want touchscreen TOYS you chump troll

    i thought there might have been a chance to have an intelligent conversation with you but now i see that thats not going to happen. im still laughing that you have never heard of the n95, n96 0r n97. i guess your still living under a rock. its no wonder the sk never seems to advance that much with owners like you. well you just kep enjoying your new phone with 3yo tech.

  15. Setnakt Says:

    And I’m still laughing at the fact you think “intellegent” means being so damn stupid as to misinturpert every other thing somone else says, yet regardless of how obviously ignorant a troll that shows you to be, you have the gall to call others “ignorant” for not being a loser geek like yourself who studies the most obscure and unhead of phones all day long (no life). News flash to moron; MOST people haven’t heard of that junk you refered to! No one in my entire office has, oh but that’s right I work in a serious business office not at geek squad central. Besides I prefer the r2d5 with hollographic display, the c3pw with virtual reality internet (the only REAL internet) or the Sidekick 3000 Xtreme with star trek phasers and kick to kick matter transporters (loser). Still can’t get over the fact you were WRONG on your origional statement about what is and isn’t “real” internet huh assclown? FAIL AND PATHATIC.

  16. dirtygore Says:

    Setnakt on May 20, 2009 at 10:04 am said:

    And I’m still laughing at the fact you think “intellegent” means being so damn stupid as to misinturpert every other thing somone else says, yet regardless of how obviously ignorant a troll that shows you to be, you have the gall to call others “ignorant” for not being a loser geek like yourself who studies the most obscure and unhead of phones all day long (no life). News flash to moron; MOST people haven’t heard of that junk you refered to! No one in my entire office has, oh but that’s right I work in a serious business office not at geek squad central. Besides I prefer the r2d5 with hollographic display, the c3pw with virtual reality internet (the only REAL internet) or the Sidekick 3000 Xtreme with star trek phasers and kick to kick matter transporters (loser). Still can’t get over the fact you were WRONG on your origional statement about what is and isn’t “real” internet huh assclown? FAIL AND PATHATIC.

    obscure and unheard of phones? i guess you would know all about that seeing as you do own a sk. those nokia phones are the highest selling phones in the world at the moment.
    so you work in an office but you write and insult people like a child.
    i think you should grow up and get your head out your ***.

  17. Setnakt Says:

    I talk to children losers like you like the vermin scum they/you are. And what you never heard of the Sorney Erica Christiansen r2d5? Or the Son-of-Samsung cp3w? The Pinokia Sidekick 3000 Xreme? Damn, you are a loser. And again the topic what is real internet, on that: MASSIVE EPIC FAIL on your part. Changing the topic doesn’t work with me troll. If this is the best you got…, well that’s pretty damn sad ****, lol.

  18. dirtygore Says:

    Setnakt on May 20, 2009 at 5:26 pm said:

    I talk to children losers like you like the vermin scum they/you are. And what you never heard of the Sorney Erica Christiansen r2d5? Or the Son-of-Samsung cp3w? The Pinokia Sidekick 3000 Xreme? Damn, you are a loser. And again the topic what is real internet, on that: MASSIVE EPIC FAIL on your part. Changing the topic doesn’t work with me troll. If this is the best you got…, well that’s pretty damn sad ****, lol.

    wow you really are a child. oh and if you really do want to get back on topic then no the sk does not have a real web browser. there are sites on the net that i cant fully see on a sk. yet i can see them on a n96. because that does have a real web browser. if you dont know what a real web browser is then go compare the sk browser to a browser on a desktop or laptop. then come back and try and tell me that a sk has a real browser. you ignorant child.

  19. Setnakt Says:

    Hey Dumbshit”gore”, the definition of a child is exactly what you have displayed here is enough volume to make it beyond doubt. #1 you can never admit when you are wrong, even when others can and even when it’s in absolutely no dispute (the SK DOES have real internet numb nuts~keep saying it doesn’t like a 3 year-old changes nothing, only proves you are a total fool). #2, your too damn stupid to know basic things like what real internet actually is ( I guess “real” cars all must have MP3 players by your “logic”. #3 your too immature to stay on topic. #4 your too much a child to take a joke. #5 you too dumb to know when to shut your monkey-*** up and go home, it’s over (you lost). And #6 your a childish troll on the wrong list. That’s SIX strikes, your OUT (TWICE). More FAIL. Please keep it up and keep showing us all what a moron you are. I’m done, case closed/my point long proven, I’m tired of your DUMBass. Go play with your own demographic (the other punk kids). Your nothing but a broken record repeat of a bad movie.

  20. dirtygore Says:

    i think i have proven you wrong. in no way have you proven that the sk has a real web browser. a real web browser can access all web site with no problems. plus it cant show flash on any sites. maybe you need to go look up the definition of what a real web browser is.
    i think you need to crawl back under your rock because this argument is over and i have in fact won.
    if you do reply to this then you have proven everything i have said to be correct and your just clutching at straws
    now go play in traffic like a good little child.

  21. Jen Says:

    Dude, who do you think your fooling?

  22. Jen Says:

    I like how your like “I think I’ve proven you wrong” and ****, ROTFLMFAO! Why cause you say so? I’ve been cracking up watching this, and got to say you’ve only proven like Setnakt said, your a child. Flash isn’t what real internet is you tool! This is getting old, why don’t you go play in another sandbox freak. “dirtygore” WTF is that supposed to mean anyways, LOL!

  23. dirtygore Says:

    Jen on May 20, 2009 at 10:41 pm said:

    I like how your like “I think I’ve proven you wrong” and ****, ROTFLMFAO! Why cause you say so? I’ve been cracking up watching this, and got to say you’ve only proven like Setnakt said, your a child. Flash isn’t what real internet is you tool! This is getting old, why don’t you go play in another sandbox freak. “dirtygore” WTF is that supposed to mean anyways, LOL!

    did i say that flash was what made a real web browser. ohhh. let me guess. your a friend of hers or the same person coming on here to make it look like im wrong. well like ive said already. go look up what a real web browser is and then get back to me.
    wow you people are idiots and im going to keep being right.
    now if you will excuse me. im going to go use a real web browser while you keep using your toy.

  24. Merv Says:

    real internet is what most people say it is and what most websites actually use. Most people say the iphone has real internet, it has no flash. And most website don’t use flash ether. So obviously real internet isn’t flash. Can we move on now? Is that ok Mr proven nothin but acting like a baby??

  25. Jen Says:

    Wow you are a baby and a troll! If anyone disagrees with you straight to flames and crazy conspiracy ****! Everyone is wrong but you, whatever! I’m not playing your game, I’m unsubbing this thread you can have it like a good little troll. Isn’t anyone else tired of this troll loser?

  26. dirtygore Says:

    yeah but the iphone is **** but its browser is better than the 1 on the sk. im not saying that real internet just uses flash. there are loads of sites the sk can not access because of the web browser on it. its obvious that im just arguing with sk fanboys and girls that think that the sk is the best phone on the market. im just saying that the web browser on it isnt real internet like you would use on a desktop or laptop. where as phones like the n96 and n97 do use a real internet browser. and for your information. most internet sites do use flash in some way. oh and if im acting like a baby then the others must be acting like a fetus.
    no offence but are you people american

  27. dirtygore Says:

    i try to access my bank account on my sk and guess what. i cant do it. i thought i was told that it had a REAL web browser. i tried to watch a show on justin.tv on it but guess what, i couldnt. thought it had a real browser on it. so many sites i cant access because of the browser. lucky i have a real phone as well (n96)
    enjoy your toy kids.
    oh and as far as calling me a troll. i think you have proven to me how old you really are with childish pathetic comments like that.

  28. Mike Says:

    I know exactly what your talking about.The most basic,easy thing is this.I can’t reply are make a thread on a specific forum(catfish1.com).Now that I have a REAL web browser(actually 3 steel,opera and the standard wed browser).I can reply to threads and even post pics.Couldn’t do that with my lx on THAT website.

  29. j Says:

    Jeremy on May 7, 2009 at 5:05 pm said:

    LStrike on May 7, 2009 at 4:38 pm said:

    azn on May 7, 2009 at 4:02 pm said:

    I doubt this is true. For one, “Aenar” lacks his sources. Besides, the Sidekick line is one of T-Mobile’s most popular devices, if not THE most popular. Microsoft was probably just laying off some workers due to the current economy, not because they wanted to banish Sidekicks. If anything, this “PINK” might be the next ‘Kick…?

    I know overall the Sidekick may be one of TMobile’s top selling devices over the course of time. That being said I wonder if the G1 with 1 Million sales in a relatively short period of time doesn’t surpass any one Sidekick for the same period of time?

    The way Android is shaping up (and if you have not experienced Android 1.5 or Cupcake as it is better known as then do not comment) there could be a change as to most popular TMobile phone.

    The thing is the Sidekick is that TMobile exclusive that you can’t get anywhere else. Android will be on every carriers networks within the next couple of years.

    It will be a sad day if the Danger OS and Sidekick device goes away. Regardless of what you all are saying here VERY few of the folks posting here have even touched an SK LX 09 so I don’t understand how you feel it is rushed or half baked? The editors at Engadget loved it and they tend to have a pretty strong Apple bias they would destroy the Sidekick with extreme prejudice if it had been as you say half baked or felt rushed.

    I have spent the past 17 hours playing with my 09 LX and thus far love it and hands down it is the best SK to date (as expected). I keep reading these posts about how it was rushed, it isnt ready, etc and I just dont get it.

    So far I’m very satisfied with my SK LX 2009. The only other SK I owned was the SK II, which until now was the best phone I ever owned and is the main reason I decided to get this new SK. Previously I had owned the LG Voyager Titanium and that phone absolutely sucks on so many levels that would take up too much space to post here…my SK II was a far superior phone in many ways. Based on my experience with SK II the SK LX 2009 works as expected and better…my only disappointment so far is the lack of apps in the DL catalog…my SK II had far more…I would’ve assumed that they would all have the same apps. IMO the only phones that top the SK all around (at least in the USA) are the iPhone and the G1…I’m talking all around such as features combined with ease of use combined with form factor and personalized settings, etc…not just feature vs. feature (which a lot of phones may top the SK) but when you put everything together the SK is an awesome device.

  30. j Says:

    If you can surf the web with it then it is a “real” browser even if it can’t do everything some other browsers can doesn’t make it any less “real”. That’s like saying a baby isn’t a real baby because it was born without a nose. By your logic old versions of so-called “real” browsers are no longer “real” because they can not render some web elements. Maybe you should say it’s not as good as a full Explorer/Firefox/Chrome/whatever browser that you can download on your desktop/laptop and some mobile devices. I understand what is meant by saying it is “not real”, I get that but you are arguing semantics and semantically it is “real” whether it’s “real” in the slang sense or not. Even a “fake” rapper is still a real rapper…just not a very good one.

  31. dirtygore Says:

    j on May 23, 2009 at 11:12 am said:

    If you can surf the web with it then it is a “real” browser even if it can’t do everything some other browsers can doesn’t make it any less “real”. That’s like saying a baby isn’t a real baby because it was born without a nose. By your logic old versions of so-called “real” browsers are no longer “real” because they can not render some web elements. Maybe you should say it’s not as good as a full Explorer/Firefox/Chrome/whatever browser that you can download on your desktop/laptop and some mobile devices. I understand what is meant by saying it is “not real”, I get that but you are arguing semantics and semantically it is “real” whether it’s “real” in the slang sense or not. Even a “fake” rapper is still a real rapper…just not a very good one.

    finally someone with some brains.
    what others where trying to argue was that the sk’s web browser was like a browser on a desktop. what i was trying to get into there thick heads that it was a basic browser.

  32. azn93 Says:

    basic browser is real browser.
    don’t feed the troll.
    Dirtygore has an ego.

  33. dirtygore Says:

    azn93 on May 23, 2009 at 6:57 pm said:

    basic browser is real browser.
    don’t feed the troll.
    Dirtygore has an ego.

    like you said its a “real’ browser but its a very basc browser that doesnt access most sites very well, if not at all. and its lacking in a lot of things to make it a REAL browser. do you understand what im saying or do i have to dumb it down a bit more.

  34. ken Says:

    maybe microsoft is planning to break the sidekick exclusivetivity away from t-mobile and offer it to verizon and at&t customers. i mean at&t and verizon make up about 70% of cell users in the US. if anything did kill sidekick it was its dependancy on tmbile for access.

  35. dirtygore Says:

    There are rumors going around that ms are planning on re-releasing the zune or something along those lines so maybe that may have something to do with it. and with the release of the nokia n97 (check out this video on that phone. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-6YcXoRDG0 ) you will see that it does everything the sk does and a whole lot more. maybe ms realize that the sk has some major competition now ad just doesnt cut it anymore.

  36. ken Says:

    The big flaw with the sk is that it is a phenomenal phone for people who want to do a lot of texting, pic messaging, and emailing but at the same time they have made it server exclusive for data so even though it can be unlocked to work for at&t u can only make/recieve calls and sms. I use the lx on at&t and love the phones keyboard more then any phone at&t has out. Also the trackball light is a godsend to let u know if u missed a call or text when ur sleeping. I just think ms should upgrade it to a true smartphone with windows mobile and give it a battery that will last more then it does now. I hate to see it go because there is so much potential for it. It basically built t-mobile up as far as young people going to it and many older people who just make calls and do sms texting love it too.

  37. Tina Turner Says:

    Microsoft just took away my developer SIM. They are taking all SIMs away from engineering staff. There you have it-the SK won;t even get an OS upgrade! ********

  38. DeizNutz Says:

    You all are fools to think that this so called “crises of sidekicks being exterminated” is true, The basic information is that this is a upgrade for connectivity and solutions for other problems with sidekicks, also another pitiful thing I can say is all these comments are gossip and have nothing to do with the conflict that is going on, so for those who want to argue against what I say I suggest you just let it go and wait for further information



Subscribe to our RSS feed or Twitter for up to the minute news, or subscribe to our daily email feed to get Hiptop3.com in your inbox!

Get Hiptop3.com in your email: