New OTA Update for Sidekick LX 2009 Coming Soon..

Sidekick LX 2009 Orchid

A little birdie told me that there’s a new OTA (Over-The-Air) Update that should be coming soon for all you Sidekick LX 2009 owners. It’s currently being tested by the super secret trial users. Once all the bugs get squashed it will start rolling out to the general public in the typical Sidekick fashion (randomly and only a few people at first). No word on exactly what bugs have been squashed, but I imagine it’s going to help with the crashing and freezing that many users (including yours truly) have reported on their Sidekick LX 2009.

94 Responses to “New OTA Update for Sidekick LX 2009 Coming Soon..”

  1. christopher Says:

    Its about time! Sheesh they sent me a replacement but the problems are still the same if not worse…ehh…can’t wait to see if this works

  2. Jer Says:

    siiiked, I hope it fixes whatever makes the twitter app so HORRIBLE and freezy

  3. meme Says:

    It will probably also allow us to delete the saved voice recordings on our phone…or at least I hope!!

  4. Matt Says:

    Is there any chance that this will give us more space for text messages? Or at the very least a saved folder??? God I hope so.

  5. Suhpreem Says:

    Finally. Eh, I’m getting a new Sidekick, anyway. Hopefully that one doesn’t have as many bugs and weird/random restarts.

  6. coco Says:

    will the original sidekick lx’s get the OTA as well? my phone keeps freezing and lagging real badly. UGH!!

  7. eilselfollows Says:

    UGH! I hope this fixes like Suhpreem said, “weird/random restarts” I HATE those!!

  8. marissa Says:

    hopefully they’ll get a youtube app. thats the only reason i bought the phone and youtube mobile sucks

  9. brandon Says:

    i got no service

  10. Mike B Says:

    marissa on October 2, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

    hopefully they’ll get a youtube app. thats the only reason i bought the phone and youtube mobile sucks

    I second that! :)

  11. cnystrand Says:

    ehat would a youtube app acomplish you will still see the same ****** res videos that are on the youtube mobile site. just like the other community apps are the mobile versions of the real thing

  12. kevin Says:

    i know this probably wont happen but will lx 07 users eventually see an OTA to allow us to make our own ringtones like the 09 does if the rest can get twitter and facebook apps (even tho twitter charges) why cant our picture messaging be config’d to save sounds we receive as ringtones its not far fetched microdanger can do it if they put their bill gates worshiping heads to it after all it is software related right? or am i kicking up the wrong tree?

  13. ave Says:

    sheesh im tired of sidekicks. ive had em since 2006. [had the sidekick 2, lx 2007 nd lx 2009] i thought sidekicks were gonna get bttr but the 09′ is not the best. i cant wait to switch over to sprint and get the htc hero. hopefully that phone wont lag and crash, and wont have these data outages.

  14. Ann Says:

    Is it reasonable to think that there’s a light @ the end of the tunnel, & when everyone gets their data back it’ll come w/ an OTA?

  15. recognizedakick Says:

    W/e…i personally think OTA’s are overrated. The sidekick will ALWAYS have problems. I have had 3 diff ones over the years and its the same thing on every channel.

  16. meme Says:

    what I’d like to see in the new OTA is an onscreen keyboard I can text with so that I do not need to flip open the screen while I’m in class trying to text message discreetly. Doesn’t this sounds like a good idea? It would be awesome to use the scroll ball and manually click each character on the onscreen keyboard.

  17. Michael Says:

    i hope they do this OTA the right way and fixes all the bugs! i hope they bring back the option in the text messaging app where you could “always request delivery report” :D all in all they better fix the sidekick and fix it RIGHT >:O ******* microsoft, always ruining a great thing.

  18. recognizedakick Says:

    meme on October 4, 2009 at 8:32 pm said:

    what I’d like to see in the new OTA is an onscreen keyboard I can text with so that I do not need to flip open the screen while I’m in class trying to text message discreetly. Doesn’t this sounds like a good idea? It would be awesome to use the scroll ball and manually click each character on the onscreen keyboard.

    Hm…I kno what ur saying but that’s WAY too much work. If the professors ask u just jump screen to ur notes app and act like u were taking notes the whole time. Hahahahahahaha!

  19. marissa Says:

    cnystrand on October 2, 2009 at 3:46 pm said:

    ehat would a youtube app acomplish you will still see the same ****** res videos that are on the youtube mobile site. just like the other community apps are the mobile versions of the real thing

    no…they format the videos to fit the screen res…

  20. meme Says:

    recognizedakick on October 5, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

    meme on October 4, 2009 at 8:32 pm said:

    what I’d like to see in the new OTA is an onscreen keyboard I can text with so that I do not need to flip open the screen while I’m in class trying to text message discreetly. Doesn’t this sounds like a good idea? It would be awesome to use the scroll ball and manually click each character on the onscreen keyboard.

    Hm…I kno what ur saying but that’s WAY too much work. If the professors ask u just jump screen to ur notes app and act like u were taking notes the whole time. Hahahahahahaha!

    lol But seriously, I hate having to flip open the damn phone while im in class. It would be nice to be more secrative about texting to where it doesn’t look like I am texting. I would be very content with the Sidekick if it had this feature.
    And while I’m typing this, I think tmobile can do A LOT better with the youtube video quality. The resolution is so bad I don’t ever go to youtube for this reason.
    Also, I’d like an entire youtube application for my sidekick so I don’t have to go to youtube.com on my phone. It may sound lazy? but originally I thought we were going to have a youtube application when our phone came out.

    on a side note, BOY am I glad I didn’t subscribe to the tmobile/sidekick data outage post on this site. 500+ comments!!!

  21. Mike R Says:

    this ota better come out soon

  22. meme Says:

    Mike R on October 6, 2009 at 5:34 am said:

    this ota better come out soon

    screw the OTA, I better receive all of my contacts and information back to my phone soon!

  23. eyecandi Says:

    The sidekick needs a youtube app like the ipod touch utilizes…The resolution on that is fantastic!!! Yes, the screen is a little bit larger on the Ipod touch compared to the SK LX09 but its possible to have better vid and sound for youtube on sks..

  24. recognizedakick Says:

    meme on October 6, 2009 at 5:31 am said:

    recognizedakick on October 5, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

    meme on October 4, 2009 at 8:32 pm said:

    what I’d like to see in the new OTA is an onscreen keyboard I can text with so that I do not need to flip open the screen while I’m in class trying to text message discreetly. Doesn’t this sounds like a good idea? It would be awesome to use the scroll ball and manually click each character on the onscreen keyboard.

    Hm…I kno what ur saying but that’s WAY too much work. If the professors ask u just jump screen to ur notes app and act like u were taking notes the whole time. Hahahahahahaha!

    lol But seriously, I hate having to flip open the damn phone while im in class. It would be nice to be more secrative about texting to where it doesn’t look like I am texting. I would be very content with the Sidekick if it had this feature.
    And while I’m typing this, I think tmobile can do A LOT better with the youtube video quality. The resolution is so bad I don’t ever go to youtube for this reason.
    Also, I’d like an entire youtube application for my sidekick so I don’t have to go to youtube.com on my phone. It may sound lazy? but originally I thought we were going to have a youtube application when our phone came out.

    on a side note, BOY am I glad I didn’t subscribe to the tmobile/sidekick data outage post on this site. 500+ comments!!!

    meme on October 6, 2009 at 5:42 am said:

    Mike R on October 6, 2009 at 5:34 am said:

    this ota better come out soon

    screw the OTA, I better receive all of my contacts and information back to my phone soon!

    HAHAHAHA! I FEEL YOU!! MAN DO I FEEL YOU!!

  25. Kev Says:

    I really doubt upgrades would be added. And if any are it would be minor. I think the main concern for this OTA update is all the crashing and freezing many SK LX 09 users have reported. If not, then T-mobile isn’t really doing so well taking care of their customers.

  26. Matt Says:

    Kev on October 6, 2009 at 7:22 pm said:

    I really doubt upgrades would be added. And if any are it would be minor. I think the main concern for this OTA update is all the crashing and freezing many SK LX 09 users have reported. If not, then T-mobile isn’t really doing so well taking care of their customers.

    You’re probably right but other than that, screw the YouTube ****, I never use it anyway. Screw the onscreen keyboard. I’m not even in school. I WANT MORE SPACE FOR TEXTS. It is a TEXTING phone yet we can only text 100+30? RETARDED. At least give us a damn save folder.

  27. recognizedakick Says:

    Threaded texts would really be an awesome feature for me. I’m not a G1 fan, in fact, I HATE the G1 phone, but i must admit to admiring their text messaging feature. Its a shame how the Sidekick is like for text messaging freaks yet we can only store 100 texts and then cant receive any more. Thats really getting old.

  28. Mike R Says:

    so when is this update coming out

  29. nae nae Says:

    Well I hope I can keep all Μ∀ numberz this time cause its hard gettin them back

  30. Tmobile sucks! Says:

    I lost over 200 phone numbers due 2 this bull ****… coming april 2010 im ending my relationship wit this scandelous company and taking my business 2 AT&T …. IPHONE BABYYYYYYY

  31. Andrew Says:

    Tmobile sucks! on October 8, 2009 at 6:48 am said:

    I lost over 200 phone numbers due 2 this bull ****… coming april 2010 im ending my relationship wit this scandelous company and taking my business 2 AT&T …. IPHONE BABYYYYYYY

    How are they scandelous? Yes they caused an inconvenience by messing up our data and the SK LX 09 users losing all their stuff, but they are covering for a full month of data service. Have fun with AT&T. Their customer service is the worst and the iPhone hah. That phone is crappy for texting and has just as many problems.

  32. Claude D. Says:

    marissa on October 2, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

    hopefully they’ll get a youtube app. thats the only reason i bought the phone and youtube mobile sucks

    I hear that…Youtube Mobile Sucks….where the community is there should be a Youtube app…AIM(CaNcEr2184)

  33. chris1 Says:

    W/e these sidekicks are all flawed. I got the 09 for streaming videos & there’s only 2 or 3 sites to even watch em on & then no downloads on vids i mean come on.. & they all suck cus I’ve had a sk since the 1st one & they all have problems & crash & lagg like crazy..so danger & tmobile need to step their game up..these phones cost so much & they don’t do ****..

  34. DeAnna74 Says:

    I have been a sidekick lover 4ever…I happen 2 luv my 2009 sidekick even though my was effected by the **** that was nation wide, all I know is I better get ALL my info back my numbers (work numbers really pissed me off!), my web sites….ect. All that took months to create! I have 2 agree with others complaing of no save box that’s just retarded. Does anyone know when this will be fixed?!?!

  35. Jesse Says:

    Am I the only sidekick user that didn’t lose anythingg during the data outage? It seems like all my friends lost their contacts and blahblah except me.
    (None of them have the 09)

  36. nyetofly Says:

    Wat about my contacts/notes…..got my emails back

  37. Andrew Says:

    nyetofly on October 10, 2009 at 6:57 am said:

    Wat about my contacts/notes…..got my emails back

    I know me either. It’s a pain cause I have to view the sim card contacts and every time I send a text I have to go into the address book click the person’s name and choose send sms message. So annoying. Hopefully the contacts and notes will be restored soon and the OTA will come out too.

  38. chris1 Says:

    Well none of my stuff is back…notes/contacts/bookmarks nothing & my service has been crappy since the last few weeks in sept. & what’s a month free when you lose everything? That’s not taking care of us. & my dude at&t suckx i had the iphone & there’s more problems with that. But as far as all the 09 users like myself need to do something. Maybe start a world wide petition. Cus what’s 24.99 when you lose months of work & personal info & pics etc etc. But as for now tmobile can kiss my ***.

  39. tbigga Says:

    recognizedakick on October 6, 2009 at 5:35 pm said:

    meme on October 6, 2009 at 5:31 am said:

    recognizedakick on October 5, 2009 at 12:09 pm said:

    meme on October 4, 2009 at 8:32 pm said:

    what I’d like to see in the new OTA is an onscreen keyboard I can text with so that I do not need to flip open the screen while I’m in class trying to text message discreetly. Doesn’t this sounds like a good idea? It would be awesome to use the scroll ball and manually click each character on the onscreen keyboard.

    Hm…I kno what ur saying but that’s WAY too much work. If the professors ask u just jump screen to ur notes app and act like u were taking notes the whole time. Hahahahahahaha!

    lol But seriously, I hate having to flip open the damn phone while im in class. It would be nice to be more secrative about texting to where it doesn’t look like I am texting. I would be very content with the Sidekick if it had this feature.
    And while I’m typing this, I think tmobile can do A LOT better with the youtube video quality. The resolution is so bad I don’t ever go to youtube for this reason.
    Also, I’d like an entire youtube application for my sidekick so I don’t have to go to youtube.com on my phone. It may sound lazy? but originally I thought we were going to have a youtube application when our phone came out.

    on a side note, BOY am I glad I didn’t subscribe to the tmobile/sidekick data outage post on this site. 500+ comments!!!

    meme on October 6, 2009 at 5:42 am said:

    Mike R on October 6, 2009 at 5:34 am said:

    this ota better come out soon

    screw the OTA, I better receive all of my contacts and information back to my phone soon!

    HAHAHAHA! I FEEL YOU!! MAN DO I FEEL YOU!!

    I agree with the keyboard on the screen,maybe 1 like if u were dialing a fone #,idk but I’m so beyond f’n pissed because I been wit t mobile for 7 yrs,and I have had all the sidekicks,and my lx 09 suxs balls it loses my contacts all the f’n time,like rite now I can’t even use my phone.and we need a youtube app asap cuz dats y I bought the phone and youtube mobile suxs balls and I can’t even see the damn picture.like seriously its so bad I have to put it on its actual size and then put on my glasses…..> ; (.so tmobile needs to do sumpin asap.

  40. DOM0 Says:

    MAN THAT’S WHAT I’M SAYING THAT’S WHAT I NEED

  41. Matt Says:

    Seriously not only the issue with texts needing more space, but the APP Store needs to be upgraded. Allow user created apps to be sold, like the iPhone. That is the only thing that makes the iPhone more appealing to me. I want GOOD APPS that users have made. That would solve all the problems. We’d already have a YouTube app if they would just open the Application store to user created applications. We’d have better games, better communication applications. Everything. I hate that you can’t do anything unless T-Mobile is willing to sell it. Annoying.

  42. kym Says:

    true it was an inconvenience for the data outages but im happy that they’re picking up on the tab this month for lost service…overall the 09 hasn’t given me any problems

  43. Kev Says:

    kym on October 12, 2009 at 10:16 pm said:

    true it was an inconvenience for the data outages but im happy that they’re picking up on the tab this month for lost service…overall the 09 hasn’t given me any problems

    Really? You haven’t had any Red X crashes?? If so your very lucky. How long have you had your phone??

  44. hAWAii LiFE Says:

    I had these weird shutdowns and then for contacts i would just view contacts and then copy it to my regular contacts [that takes forever!]. I have the LX 09 and i never got any of my pics back yet of my nepheww. The Internet crashees and is sloow, T-Mobile needs to clean upp all of this Sidekick stuff.

  45. lefty Says:

    I agree wit every1s ideas and critisizms…TMOBiLE C’mon son!

  46. Sarah Beth Says:

    I thought they were gonna have a YouTube app too & I figured I would be able to hold more than 100 texts. I wish it had threading texts like the android phones & iPhone. That would be amaaazing. I’ve always loved that. I would like it if there was more stuff in the Catolog that I would actually LIKE to use & weren’t so freakin expensive.

  47. BajanDoll Says:

    I’m Tired Of The Crashing Red X,I’m Tired Of The Freezing Wen Using The Cam Or Net,Tired Of My Calls Being Dropped,I’m Tired Of This Lx09,HopeFully The OTA Will Fix This ****!!!!

  48. Mike R Says:

    so when is it coming out im sick of waiting.

  49. caseus Says:

    I hope it will give us threaded text messaging like on palm devices

  50. Kay Says:

    why does everyone want newly added features to added with this update? HELLO! the main concern is these stupid red X crashes!! maybe not all the sidekick users are experiencing these problems but MANY of others are. Plus this sidekick has MAJOR upgrades from previous ones. Dont see why more is necessary. If you knew this phone didnt have threaded text messaging or other features that this phone does not have that other phones do. Why in the world did you get the phone if your going to bug about some feature it lacks? Use your common sense and get a phone that satisfies YOUR needs. Thank you for time. Have a nice day. haha

  51. firemaiden13 Says:

    meme on October 4, 2009 at 8:32 pm said:

    what I’d like to see in the new OTA is an onscreen keyboard I can text with so that I do not need to flip open the screen while I’m in class trying to text message discreetly. Doesn’t this sounds like a good idea? It would be awesome to use the scroll ball and manually click each character on the onscreen keyboard.

    Hhhhmmmm….here’s an idea. Maybe u shouldn’t be texting DURING class and save it 4 afterwards.

  52. Anonymous Says:

    I “upgraded” to the LX09 three months ago. Aside from the horrible stability, lagging time, dropped calls, unreliable network connectivity, limited and unstable data storage – the T-Mobile service is horrible.

    They were so nice when I wasn’t under a contract, but when I renewed and promised 2 more years, the reps seem unconcerned about my questions and are apathetic about keeping me.

    I had the iPod, but like the keyboard of the Sidekick. In two years I will gladly look at ATT or Sprint.

    “My Favs” hasn’t shown for a week, and I had an odd 10 minutes of constant reboots last night, till it stopped rebooting and gave me a critical message, reboot or call customer service.” LOL, “customer service,” why? So they can stall another 2 weeks?

  53. Call me Crazy! Says:

    meme on October 4, 2009 at 8:32 pm said:

    what I’d like to see in the new OTA is an onscreen keyboard I can text with so that I do not need to flip open the screen while I’m in class trying to text message discreetly. Doesn’t this sounds like a good idea? It would be awesome to use the scroll ball and manually click each character on the onscreen keyboard.

    Actually that’s a pretty cool idea , T-mobile needs to Give us what we want , why should we be worrying about all of this & their just taking their time restoring our shi* ! I have a feeling That “OTA” update is going to take a LONG time to get to us!

  54. Matt Says:

    Kay on October 24, 2009 at 12:00 pm said:

    why does everyone want newly added features to added with this update? HELLO! the main concern is these stupid red X crashes!! maybe not all the sidekick users are experiencing these problems but MANY of others are. Plus this sidekick has MAJOR upgrades from previous ones. Dont see why more is necessary. If you knew this phone didnt have threaded text messaging or other features that this phone does not have that other phones do. Why in the world did you get the phone if your going to bug about some feature it lacks? Use your common sense and get a phone that satisfies YOUR needs. Thank you for time. Have a nice day. haha

    Because even though the Sidekick LACKS a lot in terms of what technology it runs the phone is what is actually amazing. I wouldn’t switch back to a regular keypad or a touchscreen because the keyboard of the SK is what makes it so amazing, not to mention the swivel screen. Don’t be such a douchebag about it. We have our reasons. I have had the X Screen only a few times with the LX09 and I’ve had every other phone. The X screen isn’t a major issue. If it is buy a different phone or get an exchange. How’s that for turning your own words on you? Either improve the phone or fix the problems, or both. No one is saying we don’t want the glitches fixed, we are just saying what would be nice to actually have on our phones since the Sidekick is very outdated when it comes to what others can do and it can’t. I love it though so I wont ever change it. I’ll just keep bitching. Deal with it or don’t read peoples comments. Simple. Common. Sense.

  55. levi blanchard Says:

    Look at how many of us have bad replys about the sidekick. Lets face it, its not up to date with the technology of todays cell phones. Its way behind, they told me at t mobile when I bought it that it plays other videos besides youtube. Im thinking this one would play vids online… but when I went in and asked him about it he said yeah, video messaging. It freezes more often than my computer! Stays on phone calls and won’t hang up till I turn it off, phone doesn’t unlock, screen goes blank with red x across it. My fiancee has mytouch and it makes my sidekick look like a go phone. This is my 3rd one and definitly last!

  56. levi blanchard Says:

    Look at how many of us have bad replys about the sidekick. Lets face it, its not up to date with the technology of todays cell phones. Its way behind, they told me at t mobile when I bought it that it plays other videos besides youtube. Im thinking this one would play vids online… but when I went in and asked him about it he said yeah, video messaging. It freezes more often than my computer! Stays on phone calls and won’t hang up till I turn it off, phone doesn’t unlock, screen goes blank with red x across it. My fiancee has mytouch and it makes my sidekick look like a go phone. This is my 3rd one and definitly last! Yeah, im bitchin, just tired of having people come up to me with old phones that can do what mine can’t.

  57. chris1 Says:

    Yeah i know these sidekicks suck. I’ve had it since the 1st one & nothing has really changed much. & now we have new problems. My sk crashes everyday or just about for the last 4 months. It freezes like crazy the vids suck balls they slow & small & youtube on this sucks. They claimed they had flash but its only flash support. The 3g sucks in my area or @ least tmobiles 3g service. The phone calls drop & like you said they never hang up. & there’s a ton of other phones that are older & do more. The whole data plan is garbage & very unreliable if you ask me. Not to mention the flaws w/ importing ringtones. All around the sidekicks have fell to the bottom of the list when even a g1 can play vids & have apps way cooler then we do. & besides the new cliq is coming out so im gonna drop this crappy *** sk & go w/ something else. Plus since they gave some people contacts back we don’t get the 100$ off. But what about the rest of my stuff that i lost that they can’t give back? Like my notes & the pics on my device or even my web bookmarks. All around i think tmobile is halfassn all of w/ there crappy service & outdated handsets.

  58. briana Says:

    Ok first the twitter sucks & needs to be upgraded like I can’t even upload a photo & since my tweets r private I can’t see who sends me a request to follow me. Youtube sucks also but I faithfully use it when im bored. I got a sidekick after the data loss incident happened but my download catalog still doesn’t load but then I found a website to download free themes from my computer to my Lx09 so it doesn’t really bother me I Love the sidekick Lx09.

  59. briana Says:

    Everybody complaininq how bad the dam sidekick is but if its so bad then stop using it!!!!!!! I complained about twitter & youtube but I still love my sidekick & I deal with it B.Causee I had a large variety of phones in my life and every company & every phone has a problem nothinq is gonna work perfectly like come on service & apps could be worse the they are but at least they work & for those who feel the Lx09 is garbage sry you expected thinqs to be perfect B.Causee just like a person everythinq has flaws & I love my sidekick Lx09

  60. Briana. Says:

    Well I jus got my OTA update. I don’t know what’s different yet but wen I do I will post it.

  61. Andrew Says:

    I wonder if they are releasing it alphabetically by account/user name or person’s last name?

  62. Andrew Says:

    This is from Tmobile as of 10/31/2009 8 AM PDT

    Sidekick Restoration and Software Update

    We are happy to report that many of our Sidekick customers have successfully restored their contacts back to their device. If you haven’t done so already, we encourage you to visit My T-Mobile to restore your contacts. There was a very small group of customers for whom we were unable to recover any contacts. Those customers have been notified by mail to their T-Mobile billing address. If you have been unable to recover your lost contacts and you did not receive a notice in the mail from T-Mobile, we encourage you to contact Customer Care by dialing 611 on your device.

    The Microsoft / Danger team continues to work on restoring the rest of customer data, including Calendars, To Do Lists, Notes, Settings, High Scores, and Pictures. We will share more details around this restoration process very soon.

    If you haven’t already received it, you will soon be seeing a software update becoming available on your device. You will not notice any changes to your device as a result of this update, but after receiving the update, all Catalog application data will now be more securely backed up in the Microsoft / Danger systems.

  63. Akeelah Says:

    I got my OTA too. Idk what it is yet though…

  64. john mcneill Says:

    hey i just got my update lastnite on halloween just dont no what it dose, havent seen any changes

  65. sammy Says:

    I got the update && nothing changed -_-

  66. Andrew Says:

    There isn’t going to be any visual changes like tmobile said it’s just going to back up all the catalog application/personal data more securely in the Microsoft/Danger Systems. I think it’s going to fix the red x issue too though I haven’t had that problem since october 9. I wonder if the issues with servers were causing the crashing

  67. Mike R Says:

    i got the update too nothing different

  68. gerardo Says:

    when is t mobile going to star selling the sidekick’s back on aIr

  69. justin Says:

    I gotten all my data back already. I wonder why so many other people haven’t gotten their contacts back

  70. karla Says:

    I got my update too, today and nothing is diferent well at least I have not noticed nothing diferent at all..I did get my contacts back though

  71. Fredo Says:

    I got the update but it said it was just to so call, “improve the catalog & save data of what I bought”, but that’s complete bull-ish because when I updated to the o9 I never got my stuff from my LX (video games, ringtones + wallpapers) back, so this update was trash -_-. T-mobile has it’s flaws with phones & seriously needs to look into better products. So far I’ve herd nothing bad about the iPhone & I’m constantly thinking about switching but there expensive & people keep telling me, oh do the unlock thing & etc.etc. I have no time for that, I want a legal plan not some hacked ****. Other than that I can never complain about tmobile plans & deals because it’s great & flexable for me especially since I’m in college.

  72. Ruben Says:

    its been working for me

  73. TMOBILE IS FAKE Says:

    I GOT MY OTA . IT SUCKS IT DOESN’T DO ANYTHING AND WORST YET THE STUPID CATLOG DOESN’T WORK SO I CAN’T DOWNLOAD NOTHING !

  74. chris1 Says:

    Yeah this update sucks & my catalog don’t work either & my service has been garbage these days. Over all they didn’t update anything good. Oh & my 09 still crashes.

  75. drian Says:

    This over the air update popped up today and i updated it.and guess what happened? Alllll my applications GONE. Theres no new stuff.so if ur sidekick is working fine i dont recommend this update.

  76. jazzzy Says:

    ayo i lovemy O9 !1

  77. jazzzy Says:

    jazzzy on December 12, 2009 at 10:40 pm said:

    ayo i lovemy O9 !1

  78. valerie Says:

    I hear that… not right youtube cuz can’t see vid like messup

  79. KEON BAILEY Says:

    HOPE THEY MAKE A YOUTUBE APP THAT’S REALLY WHY I GOT THE SIDEKICK LX 09..PLEASE MAKE A YOUTUBE APP PLEASE..

  80. KEON BAILEY Says:

    MAKE A YOUTUBE APP

  81. bmxkiidd10 Says:

    They need to make the sidekick lx 2009 way better need 2 put the aim like its on the computer like if some 1 was 2 right you on aim it was show some 1 typein and this 09 need 2 stop freezein need an big up date on that and for it can hold more text message and tmail messages

  82. epiphanya Says:

    I have one , there very nice , video camera , facebook , twitter , myspace communities . If u don’t got it , Get It !

  83. nike_sb_maniac Says:

    Yeah I agree with everyones comments and complaints on the sidekick 09 and T-mobile as a company. Their next OTA needs to be some super great overwhelming satisfaction guranteed appealing stuff . And what’s the deal with these recordings? They will not go away ! That’s one of the main problems that slows down everyones kick. Its those d*mn recordings . They take up more space thann a regular ringtone and it fills the memory in your phone so it makes everything crash and slower and randomly restart.

    Also I am kind of disappointed in the sidekick 09. Its the exact same thing as the last sidekick lx and yu get kinda bored of it after a while you know .

    READ THIS:****** BELIEVE IT OR NOT T-MOBILE ACTUALLY READS THIS STUFF SO I THINK IF WE KEEP COMPLAINING AND POSTING WHAT WE WANT FROM THEM THEY MIGHT GIVE IT TO US .*******

  84. kimberly Says:

    marissa on October 2, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

    hopefully they’ll get a youtube app. thats the only reason i bought the phone and youtube mobile sucks

    chris1 on November 13, 2009 at 2:45 pm said:

    Yeah this update sucks & my catalog don’t work either & my service has been garbage these days. Over all they didn’t update anything good. Oh & my 09 still crashes.

    I hate my side kicks they suck

  85. FRECKLES>21 Says:

    OK RITE!….IM ON LETS DO IT SHO ME THE WORKS!!!

  86. danny Says:

    I like the sidekicks but the youtube website is not like the one in the computers and not saying that its suppose to be like but the thing is to dam slow and it dose not show the intier video

  87. Mussie Says:

    Matt on October 2, 2009 at 5:48 am said:

    Is there any chance that this will give us more space for text messages? Or at the very least a saved folder??? God I hope so.

    Yea, we really need some extra space for text messaging…I hate deleting it constantly

  88. luis Says:

    marissa on October 2, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

    hopefully they’ll get a youtube app. thats the only reason i bought the phone and youtube mobile sucks

    Yeaaaa… youtube is sooo bad. And please!!!!! I’ll love to get online radio app. Like radiotime

  89. luis Says:

    marissa on October 2, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

    hopefully they’ll get a youtube app. thats the only reason i bought the phone and youtube mobile sucks

    I’ll love if the next OTA give us radio online like radiotime pleaseeeee!!!!!

  90. jose Says:

    Andrew on October 31, 2009 at 3:36 pm said:

    This is from Tmobile as of 10/31/2009 8 AM PDT

    Sidekick Restoration and Software Update

    We are happy to report that many of our Sidekick customers have successfully restored their contacts back to their device. If you haven’t done so already, we encourage you to visit My T-Mobile to restore your contacts. There was a very small group of customers for whom we were unable to recover any contacts. Those customers have been notified by mail to their T-Mobile billing address. If you have been unable to recover your lost contacts and you did not receive a notice in the mail from T-Mobile, we encourage you to contact Customer Care by dialing 611 on your device.

    The Microsoft / Danger team continues to work on restoring the rest of customer data, including Calendars, To Do Lists, Notes, Settings, High Scores, and Pictures. We will share more details around this restoration process very soon.

    If you haven’t already received it, you will soon be seeing a software update becoming available on your device. You will not notice any changes to your device as a result of this update, but after receiving the update, all Catalog application data will now be more securely backed up in the Microsoft / Danger systems.

  91. luz Erdmann Says:

    Mussie on May 9, 2010 at 9:53 pm said:

    Matt on October 2, 2009 at 5:48 am said:

    Is there any chance that this will give us more space for text messages? Or at the very least a saved folder??? God I hope so.

    Yea, we really need some extra space for text messaging…I hate deleting it constantly

  92. jamestcorbett3 Says:

    kimberly on March 6, 2010 at 9:25 pm said:

    marissa on October 2, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

    hopefully they’ll get a youtube app. thats the only reason i bought the phone and youtube mobile sucks

    chris1 on November 13, 2009 at 2:45 pm said:

    Yeah this update sucks & my catalog don’t work either & my service has been garbage these days. Over all they didn’t update anything good. Oh & my 09 still crashes.

    I hate my side kicks they suck

    kimberly on March 6, 2010 at 9:25 pm said:

    marissa on October 2, 2009 at 1:10 pm said:

    hopefully they’ll get a youtube app. thats the only reason i bought the phone and youtube mobile sucks

    chris1 on November 13, 2009 at 2:45 pm said:

    Yeah this update sucks & my catalog don’t work either & my service has been garbage these days. Over all they didn’t update anything good. Oh & my 09 still crashes.

    I hate my side kicks they suck

    I 2nd that the side kick sucks a$$

  93. dede Says:

    Why they stop selling sidekick lx and I didnt no they are having a new update I miss the tmobile sidekick lx I wish tmobile never stop selling them

  94. Anonymous Says:

    Andrew on October 8, 2009 at 2:48 pm said:

    Tmobile sucks! on October 8, 2009 at 6:48 am said:

    I lost over 200 phone numbers due 2 this bull ****… coming april 2010 im ending my relationship wit this scandelous company and taking my business 2 AT&T …. IPHONE BABYYYYYYY

    How are they scandelous? Yes they caused an inconvenience by messing up our data and the SK LX 09 users losing all their stuff, but they are covering for a full month of data service. Have fun with AT&T. Their customer service is the worst and the iPhone hah. That phone is crappy for texting and has just as many problems.

    So far it suck



Subscribe to our RSS feed or Twitter for up to the minute news, or subscribe to our daily email feed to get Hiptop3.com in your inbox!

Get Hiptop3.com in your email: