Ok, so we have heard all sorts of release date rumors. Everything from April to never. We received an email from a reader today with the following info:
Hello, my name is [NAME REMOVED] and I work for the T-Mobile on [STREET REMOVED], in Los Angeles, California. My Outlet Division ID is [REMOVED]. You can confirm my status as Manager at our outlet by calling T-Mobile at 1-800-937-8997, asking our automated support for Customer Service, and ask them to verify [NAME REMOVED] for store [REMOVED] on [STREET REMOVED] REP ID: [REMOVED].
I have news for you on the T-Mobile Hiptop Sidekick III. We recently received word that publication and publicity materials (i.e. promotional posters, cardboard cutouts) will be shipped to our stores on the 17th of June, and the Hiptop Sidekick III’s will be shipped (prior to delivery clearance) on the 3rd of July. I haven’t contacted our delivery service yet, but I suspect that we will be ordering 200 devices within the month of their release.
July 3rd is the Sidekick III’s official release date, and you have my written consent to publish this information on http://www.hiptop3.com, excluding my REP ID, I don’t want to get fired ;).
We have currently received documentation on price ranges and new plans offered by Telekom-Mobile, but that information is yet to be confirmed.
Thank you for your time,
Another rumor? Maybe some truth? We’ll let you make the call until we find out more info. Here’s what we’ve found:
– The email address this was sent from is listed as the contact for a company that designs and builds playground equipment in Ontario, Canada.
– The street listed is actually in a neighboring city to LA.
– We called the only TMobile store on that street and asked for what we thought was a her, and were told “he” was out to lunch and should be back in 30 minutes.
– Outlet Division IDs are an unknown term for the people in the know that we’ve asked.
– More info to come hopefully….