Thanks to the folks at the official Danger Device Forums, there are a lot more specifics on features thanks to the moderators who actually have been test-driving the devices for several weeks. Here is the rundown so far (with some more pics!):
- No Shells like the 2008
- 3 mood lights – new locations: 1 on top and bottom of the keyboard
and 1 long one on the top edge of the screen when opened (bottom of screen when closed)
- Actual Screen Shot (click for full size)
- no animated gifs
- SDHC Memory – no limit – just what is available on the market (16gb – OK!!)
- Speaker is louder than before
- Video Mode – Low Res is a 176×144 resolution meant for sending via email/mms. This resolution is limited to something like 4 minutes.
- Video taken from an SK09 (Hi-Res Mode – no recording limit!!):
- Photo App Max size: 2,048 x 1,536
- You can Geotag photos with your GPS location.
- It’s a 3.2MP camera with Auto Focus and flash (no zooming).
- There’s an auto focus mode with options distant and macro mode. There’s white balance controls, and B&W, Sepia, Negative effect options.
- Available resolution options are:
- 2048 x 1536
- 1600 x 1200
- 1280 x 960
- 800 x 600
- 640 x 480
- YouTube videos work.
- m.break.com videos work (but not smooth)
- Seesmic does not work
- Facebook app seems to be a souped-up mobile version. No videos, apps, etc.
- Internet Radio Works!! (Ex: ShoutCast):
- Yahoo Messenger supports animated buddy icons.
- AIM and Yahoo Messenger now support photo sharing
- You can also upload videos to youtube (or photobucket or myspace) directly
- Web Browser still does not support Flash
- You cannot roam on AT&Ts 3G Network due to the ranges being different:
The LX09 supports UMTS Bands 2100, 1700, 850.
T-Mobile uses 1700 and 2100 for 3G, while AT&T uses 1900. So you won’t be able to roam on AT&T 3G.
As for “Other networks”, it depends on what 3G band they are using.
- Still has chrome around the USB/Charger, but appears to be more sratch-resistant:
- Data plans are grandfathered. T-Mobile will not raise your rates
- When GPS is on, the battery drains faster. (there is an option to turn it on/off)
- Browser is overall the same as the last OTA on the LX. But you have a LOT more room:
- Still 6MB limit on email/ 100+30 limit on SMS (both same as before)
- No confirmation as to “Free Ringtone downloads” still basing it on info already published.
- Themes can still be user-generated like before
- Social apps (Twitter, Myspace, Photobucket, and Facebook) are all FREE – no monthly charges!!!!