We got another internal memo from T-Mobile. Nothing too groundbreaking, but we figured it was worth posting for the sake of completeness.
Sidekick LX Pre-sale Launch
The Sidekick is going high speed with the launch of the new T-Mobile Sidekick LX on May 13 – the first 3G enabled Sidekick.
Existing T-Mobile customers will get the chance to purchase the Sidekick LX before it’s available to the general public with a pre-sale offer beginning April 17. During the pre-sale offer, existing customers can purchase the Sidekick LX on My T-Mobile at a special pre-sale price.
The sleek Sidekick LX comes with the same great features and functionality customers have grown accustomed to and includes enhancements such as 3G connectivity, GPS enabled Live Search, a 3.2 MP camera, and is the thinnest Sidekick with the largest and sharpest screen available of any other Sidekick. The Sidekick LX also features free bundled social networking applications including Facebook, My Space, and Twitter, which are optimized for the Sidekick making it easy for customers to navigate and view these sites. Customers also have access to Photobucket and You Tube, where they can easily watch You Tube videos and upload their own videos directly from the Sidekick LX. Sidekick LX customers can now talk on the phone while they surf the Web or IM friends with simultaneous voice and data capabilities.
Important: In order for customers to get the most out of their Sidekick LX, they must add the data feature. With the data feature, customers will receive unlimited nationwide text messaging, instant messaging, e-mail and Web browsing (international use is not included). Also, customers can easily download any software updates that become available for their Sidekick when they have the feature on their account. Customers without the data feature will have very limited functionality and will have a substandard Sidekick experience.
Note: The pre-sale offer is not available to FlexPay and Puerto Rico customers due to system limitations or to T-Mobile employees.
Pre-sale Pricing (April 17 – May 12)
2-year contract: $199.99 after $50 mail-in rebate
Customers who purchase the Sidekick LX during the pre-sale offer should receive their device by May 12 if purchased by April 30.
Orders placed between May 1 – May 12 cannot be guaranteed for delivery by the national launch date, but these customers will receive the special pre-sale pricing.
Customer Interest Form
The Sidekick LX 2009 Customer Interest Form should be used to collect contact information for customers who express interest in purchasing the Sidekick LX at launch.
Existing customers should be informed they can purchase the Sidekick LX online at My T-Mobile and will receive the special pre-sale price. Devices should not be reserved or guaranteed to customers, family members, or friends through store locations.
- Be aware the Sidekick LX will launch to existing customers on April 17, and all other customers on May 13.
- Refer customers to Sidekick.com for more information on the Sidekick LX or to My T-Mobile to purchase the Sidekick during the presale offer.
- Begin using the Customer Interest Form to capture details for customers who are interested in purchasing the Sidekick LX in-store at launch.
- Help right fit customers with the handsets/devices that best matches their lifestyle and needs.
- Ask probing questions to determine how they currently use or wish to use their device.
- Determine if customers currently use or are interested in high-speed Web browsing, GPS, visiting social networking sites, streaming media, instant messaging, text messaging, e-mail, and a full QWERTY keyboard to right fit them for the Sidekick LX.
- Make sure customers add the data feature when upgrading to the Sidekick LX in order for them to have unlimited nationwide text messaging, instant messaging, e-mail, Web browsing, and access to social networking sites.
- Review the Sidekick LX Pre-sale Launch article on the Retail Communication Home Page for additional details about the device.