An official word has been sent from T-Mobile out to the retail stores. The email is below. In short, the Sidekick LX gets officially announced tomorrow, you don’t need to be a T-Mobile customer to get a Sidekick LX Reservation card, 5 stores will have in-store upgrades on October 17th.
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 11:23:05 -0700
12920 SE 38th St.
Bellevue, WA 98006
Dear Store Managers,
In a couple of days your store will receive Sidekick LX Reservation Cards. The cards are part of a national promotion that begins on
Wednesday, September 26. The promotion supports the release of the Sidekick LX, which launches Wednesday, October 24.
This promotion is to help generate more traffic to your store and create excitement surrounding the release of the cool Sidekick LX.
· Your store will receive a specific number of Sidekick LX Reservation Cards (see pictures below). This number is based on the Sidekick LX handsets inventory your store will have at launch.
· Beginning Wednesday, September 26, through Wednesday, October 17, anyone, whether a current T-Mobile customer or not, can come into any T-Mobile Retail location and request a Reservation Card to ensure they can receive the new Sidekick LX at the time of launch.
· Reservation Cards should not be distributed to customers after Wednesday, October 17. This will allow Retail Replenishment to get the proper handset inventory levels to your store.
Retail Process for Receiving and Selling Sidekick LX Reservation Cards
· Cards have already started to ship from the Distribution Centers.
· The Sidekick LX Reservation Card, SKU SIDEKICKRSVP will need to be received into inventory following the normal Goods Receipts process (StreamLine > Sales > Retail Sales > Inventory).
· Information about the Sidekick LX Reservation Card promotion is confidential and may not be shared with customers before Wednesday, September 26.
· These cards may not be handed out to customer before Wednesday, September 26.
· Reservation Cards must not be transferred from one store to another store. Each store will only be shipped inventory for the amount of cards that were shipped to the store.
· Additional cards are not available for special order.
Requirements In Order for the Reservation Card to be Valid
· RSRs needs to fill in your store’s address on the blank area provided to ensure the customer returns the card to your store on
· Customers must return to the original store they received their Reservation Card to purchase the Sidekick LX.
· The Reservation Card must be stapled to the original receipt that was given with the card.
· The card is only valid on October 24. Each card reserves one Sidekick LX, but does not guarantee a particular handset color.
Processing Cards in POS
· Each card that is given to a customer needs to be scanned out of POS.
· Do not capture a customer’s name in POS. Use the No Input button in POS.
· Scan the barcode located on the back of the Reservation Card.
· The price in POS will default to $.01.
· Perform a price override to $.01 using the price override code of in-store rebate.
· Tender the transaction.
· Print out two copies of the receipt. Keep one copy for your store’s nightly paperwork.
· Staple the Reservation Card to the customer’s receipt.
· Remind the customer that they must return to your store to pick up their reserved Sidekick LX.
· Do not attempt to order more Reservation Cards once you sell out of them. Do not transfer extra cards from store to another.
If POS is down, process the transaction manually following the Downtime Procedures which can be found on the Retail Sales Homepage in StreamLine.
Day of Sidekick LX Launch
· During store business hours on October 24, the customer will bring this card back to the Retail location where they received it, and the store will have a new Sidekick LX waiting for them to purchase.
· Stores are responsible for putting aside one Sidekick LX for each card handed out.
· Beginning October 25, any Sidekicks set aside that have not been purchased can be sold to any customer. The Sidekick LX Reservation Card is no longer valid after October 24.
· When the customer returns to the store on October 24 with their Reservation Card, do not return the card in POS. Simply collect the card from the customer, so we can track how many cards were redeemed.
· During store closing on October 24, please count all redeemed cards and report back to your Market Manager.
· September 26 – Sidekick LX is announced to the public, and customers can begin requesting Reservation Cards at all T-Mobile
· October 17 – Last day to give out Reservation Cards
· October 24 – Sidekick LX becomes available to any customer and Reservation Cards can be redeemed
· October 25 – Any unclaimed Sidekick LX handsets set aside for promotion can now be sold to any customer
Note: Five T-Mobile Retail Stores will have in-store upgrades for current T-Mobile customers on Wednesday, October 17. If your store is in one of these markets and a T-Mobile customer comes into your store looking for a Sidekick LX Reservation Card, first recommend that they go to one of the following locations on October 17:
· Atlanta (#5725 Buckhead)
· Chicago (#8428 State & Monroe)
· Los Angeles (#7393 Santa Monica)
· Miami (#6844 Kendall Corners)
· New York (#8882 Times Square)
This is the final communication piece for this promotion. Some of the directions in this piece may contradict thedirections that will arrive to your stores in the packages of Sidekick LX Reservation Cards. Please
abide by these directions.
If you have any questions, please e-mail [email removed by hiptop3.com].
The Retail Event Marketing Team